Firefox freezes often

Anish

Spectre
Hi friends,
I have this problem in firefox.

Scenario 1:
I open one site (say thinkdigit) on firefox, before displaying the page, firefox freezes for 20 seconds

Scenario 2:

I have digit site opened in one tab, I open wikipedia on other tab, and return to digit..After a while, (when the wikipedia tab loaded completely), I switch over to the wikipedia tab, FF freezes for 20 seconds.

Its annoying and wanna get rid of this problem.

Operating system : Opensuse 12.1
Desktop : Gnome 3
System: Laptop - IBM thinkpad SL400c(C2D, 4GB mem)

Thanks in advance.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which version of FF are you using? And what are the add-ons installed?

OP
Anish

Anish

Spectre
FF version - 9.0.1 (I can't update it further)
Addons installed:
DivX Web player
Gnome shell integration
Icedtea - web plugin
Java (TM) plugin
Package kit
Quicktime plugin
Shockwave flash
VLC multimedia plugin (Compatibe, totem)
Windows media player plugin (compatible, totem)

Krow

Crowman
I had the same problem on Linux mint until I updated it to version 10, which was there in the official repository.

It still hangs sometimes, but not half as much as it used to. Try downloading latest version off the website.

OP
Anish

Anish

Spectre
I had the same problem on Linux mint until I updated it to version 10, which was there in the official repository.

It still hangs sometimes, but not half as much as it used to. Try downloading latest version off the website.

Thanks ..
Actually, I cant update it!
I uninstalled and reinstalled it (it downloaded the latest)
and the issue is fixed!

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Just to inform that I am having the same problem too. Never had crashing problem with older versions, but it appeared with new release.
No idea what add ons I've installed, never checked but it crashes at least twice a day.
I do use Norton Safe Web and Login all time in FF though, don't think that's the cause, or am I wrong!!!

OP
Anish

Anish

Spectre
Just to inform that I am having the same problem too. Never had crashing problem with older versions, but it appeared with new release.
No idea what add ons I've installed, never checked but it crashes at least twice a day.
I do use Norton Safe Web and Login all time in FF though, don't think that's the cause, or am I wrong!!!

Since you mentioned norton safe web, I assume that you are using Windows:wink:
Uninstall FF, clean system registry and temp files(use ccleaner or similar)
Then reinstall firefox (stable release).

Top Bottom