Firefox delay..

I'm using Mozilla Firefox 5. When i was using Firefox 4 it took 5-7 min to start. Then i upgraded to Firefox 5. For few days it was working fine. Then a problem started. The problem is that it starts only when when internet is disconnected(I use dial up settings). When my net is connected i does not start though it can be seen in processes. As i disconnect my net, it starts. So now i start Firefox before connecting to internet.

So how can i solve this problem ? I've tried clearing browsing history, cache, temporary files & also tried reinstalling it.

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
My Safari & Opera starts quickly without problems.

I use Tune Up Utilities 2010 to clean my PC on weekly basis. I also use Windows clean up & defragmenter.

tkin

Back to school!!
Check the plugins, it might be a plugin slowing it down, I had seen this before. If all else fails uninstall and reinstall firefox.

abhidev

Human Spambot
FF is going to be released with incremental builds after every 4-5 months(not usre about the time interval)...next FF6 will be releasing soon......i too found FF5 buggy and also was prone to memory leaks...so switched back to FF4

mrintech

Technomancer
* Uninstall Firefox 5 using Revo Uninstaller
* Get FF 4.0.1 from here: Old Version of Firefox Download - OldApps.com
* As soon as it's installed, Disable ALL sort of Automatic Updates from Tools >> Options >> Advanced >> Updates

Post the Speed Result here

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
1) Click Start Menu and then Click "Run"
2) firefox.exe --profilemanager
3) Delete the default profile and create a new profile.

Top Bottom