Firefox Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
There have been a lot of posts regarding FirefoxBackup. many giving their personal solutions, some doubtful, some not working.

I have lost my extensions & themes n number of times now, even after backing them up. :shock:

However, now God has listened to my prayers (or the developers rather) and have come up with a great tool called BackupFox. One of the most simplest tool i've ever seen for conducting a process so much important.
You can download it from here:
BackupFox 0.73

No need for installation, just a small 365KB rar file which u can run without extracting really, takes hardly 1 minute for accomplishing the task that required such a great deal of thought.

I can guarantee you no Firefox users can resist it.

Savvy!! 8)

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
This should have been in Reviews Section! Anyways thanks for suggesting a good backup solution for FX! Will soon check it out!

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
yrana2002 ... Nice one .. thanks for this ..
does this takes a backup of Theme & Extention .. or even passwords & bookmark too?

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
yrana ... You forgot to higlight an important detail

· BackupFox has not been tested with Windows 9x/Me

Also ..
there an extension called Bookmark Backup
It can do the job too .. it automatically takes backup of bookmarks (and other files related to profile/settings if you want) every time firefox is closed. It's much more convinient in my view.

-----
alibi

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
This does not even run dude! I am on Windows XP Pro SP2!

Try MozBackup - *mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/
I have tried this. It works nice!

@ yrana2002 Check your tool suggestion before suggesting. Does it run on anyone's PC here?

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
It's working navjotshingh ..
extract all three files in same folder ... it runs peacefully

Homepage: *www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=291258

-----
alibi

OP
yrana2002

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Well, yes I forgot to mention, it is actually in the Beta stage, so there may be some problems with some machines.
Check into that link provided above for details.

rollcage said:
does this takes a backup of Theme & Extention .. or even passwords & bookmark too?

Yes, it creates a simple " .firefox" file which contains all the data. You can tell the program if you want to include Cache as well, though it may increase the size of backup file.

Then, to restore it, simply direct the program where this file is located and your on your path again.

Savvy!!

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
It did not work by that method! Anyways...sujith..temp files of Firefox are stored at

C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox

and cache in C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox

These folders are in Windows XP/2000. Not sure abt Windows 98 though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom