Firefox 2.0.0.5 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
Firefox 2.0.0.5 is available for download.there is this mentioned that crashes based on memory corruption is fixed.Let's wait and see ;)
Fixed in Firefox 2.0.0.5

MFSA 2007-25 XPCNativeWrapper pollution
MFSA 2007-24 Unauthorized access to wyciwyg:// documents
MFSA 2007-23 Remote code execution by launching Firefox from Internet Explorer
MFSA 2007-22 File type confusion due to %00 in name
MFSA 2007-21 Privilege escalation using an event handler attached to an element not in the document
MFSA 2007-20 Frame spoofing while window is loading
MFSA 2007-19 XSS using addEventListener and setTimeout
MFSA 2007-18 Crashes with evidence of memory corruption
*www.mozilla.org/projects/security/known-vulnerabilities.html#firefox2.0.0.5
*www.mozilla.com/en-US/
Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.5 Released with Fix for firefoxurl:// Exploit

Wednesday July 18th, 2007

Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.5 has been released and is currently being distributed to Firefox 2 users via the application's built-in software update system. The browser upgrade fixes several security bugs, which are detailed in the Firefox 2.0.0.5 section of the Mozilla Foundation Security Advisories page.
Firefox 2.0.0.5 includes a fix for the firefoxurl:// security exploit, which allows an attacker to use Microsoft Internet Explorer to trick Firefox into executing malicious code. Whether Firefox or IE is responsible for the flaw has been a matter of debate over the past week. The Mozilla Foundation security advisory about the firefoxurl:// issue maintains that it's a problem in IE and notes that other applications could be exploited in the same way. Others have argued that it's Firefox's responsibility to vet incoming data (something 2.0.0.5 now does).
Firefox 2.0.0.5 can be downloaded from the Firefox product page. The Firefox 2.0.0.5 Release Notes contain more general information about the upgrade. A similar update for Mozilla Thunderbird is expected shortly.
*www.mozillazine.org/talkback.html?article=22211

sandeepk

Journeyman
Thanks for the info!!! I was facing problems with memory corruption in 2.0.0.4. Hope that 2.0.0.5 should have fixed it.

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
it auto download for me in the update thingy but thanks for teling i didn't notice until now:D :D :D :D :D :D

Intel_Gigacore said:
thanks buddy
is there really a gigacore???:confused: :confused: :confused: :eek:

Last edited:

morpheusv6

Journeyman
Thanks. Updated.:)

charangk said:
Still on version 2.0.0.4 ?? "Check for Updates" is Disabled :mad:
Then download the setup file from the website or wait for the Digit August or September issue.

Last edited:

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
What triggers the automatic updating of firefox ?
I donno but i have automatic updating turned on and it still isnt updating.
My other machine doesnt even wait for PC to boot that i fire firefox and it starts updating it.
Why this random choosing!

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
morpheusv6 said:
Then download the setup file from the website or wait for the Digit August or September issue.

Well I could download it in less than a minute and install. But I didnt know there was a update till I saw this thread :mad:

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
FYI,I for once in a month opens my Windows XP SP2(showpiece ;) ) on PC,and usually tries updating AVG Free,Comodo FW,spybot S&D,winupdates and Firefox.that's how i learned about this update.thought its worth to post here as it is useful or atleast helps bring the buggy browser a new fix!hehehe!

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
FYI Im using Firefox installed in Feiste. Synaptic doesnt show the new update.

Status
Not open for further replies.