find location string from mobile using j2me

Status
Not open for further replies.

amey_dude

Journeyman
Hello everybody, I want to find out the location string on non gps mobile. I searched the net but only found out abt location api. But the location api is used to for only gps phones only. Please help me...

lilovirus

Broken In
Hi,
to get location string broadcasted by BTS, you need to open a socket and listen on a port specific to service provider.

some time it take too long time to get the string, but for sure you get the string.
I keep on listening for it but it got only once in about 15 mins interval, but while moving around it keep on getting as soon as you enter a new location.

I got it to work on symbian c++ and j2me also.

inlandFX

Right off the assembly line

How is this possible to do lilovirus ?
Is this without using the Cell-ID information (which is the BTS Location string) which is accessible only if you have a manufacturer/operator signed certificate ? Usually my J2ME phone returns null values for Cell-ID when I access it (without using a certificate ofcourse - I don't think its possible to get one very easily either).

Curious,
inland

OP
A

amey_dude

Journeyman
hello, i didnt exactly get your idea. Can you please provide any tutorial on sample code for it ?? Also will it work without the need of cellid.

manju23reddy

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
to get location string broadcasted by BTS, you need to open a socket and listen on a port specific to service provider.

some time it take too long time to get the string, but for sure you get the string.
I keep on listening for it but it got only once in about 15 mins interval, but while moving around it keep on getting as soon as you enter a new location.

-------------------
hi can u please give the j2me snippet to read the socket to get location string using BTS....

lilovirus

Broken In
conn = (MessageConnection) Connector.open("cbs://:50");

using this I am getting the location string.

I am able to get location string in some of the handsets not on all,
as all do not support required JSR.

I am also able to get this string on symbian c++, but it require partnership with symbian/nokia.

-LiloVirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom