Finally built a new rig!

bikramjitkar

In the zone
After almost a decade of using AMD CPUs, I have finally switched to the Blue team as my 6 year old Athlon X2 didn't cut it anymore (still very usable for everyday tasks though).

Specs:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1230 V2 (essentially an i7 at i5 cost, without Intel's crappy graphics. Eats less power too). 4 cores/ 8 threads, CRAZY fast!

Motherboard: GigaByte B75M-D3H. Nice, solid board with all the essential features

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600

Storage: WD Caviar Black 1TB and Seagate 500 Gig. Leftovers from my old PC. Will get an SSD soon.

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 4650 from my old PC. Don't game much, will only be using this to drive dual monitors.

PSU: Corsair CX 500V2 (500W)

Case: Corsair Carbide 400R. First time using a "branded" case, and it certainly justifies the higher cost.

Monitors: Dell S2440L 24-inch LED (LOVE this thing) and old Samsung 20 Inch LCD.

I am a programmer and work mainly with Visual Studio. Will also be using this as a "Hackintosh" to get into iOS programming.

*i.imgur.com/RFqo4LT.jpg

*i.imgur.com/2b7Txoj.jpg?1

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
Good for the Gamers i think..
bcuz the onboard graphics is of no use to them

i heart that case man..
awesome..

and the PSU has direct out fan
and what are the fan spaces on the bottom used for ??

OP
B

bikramjitkar

In the zone
Good for the Gamers i think..
bcuz the onboard graphics is of no use to them

i heart that case man..
awesome..

and the PSU has direct out fan
and what are the fan spaces on the bottom used for ??

Thanks man. Yes, the case is pretty awesome. The PSU fan is facing downward and the bottom has space for another 120mm fan. Comes stock with 3 120 mm fans and you can add 5 more! I also love the looks of it, understated yet classy, like a black Mac Pro. :)

beingGamer

In the zone
Feel free to read the OP's first post again.

yea, i found it just after pressing submit.
unfortunately theres nowhere i can find where to edit just after submitting :|

EDIT
whoa!..
now i can see my posts as I press submit :O

Last edited:

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
yea, i found it just after pressing submit.
unfortunately theres nowhere i can find where to edit just after submitting :|

EDIT
whoa!..
now i can see my posts as I press submit :O

LOL ok..

As your posts are being monitored for the initial period, you may not find it right away after u post it.. I am not sure of the count of posts to be achieved to have this restriction gone though :)

By the way, welcome to TDF

Is the Xeon good for gaming? and does it perfrom better than its similarly preiced i5 equivilanet.

yes, it's faster than an i5 but you feel the difference in gaming. After 2-3 years when an i5 will struggle to run all games, Xeon will most probably run them much better. It's more future proof.

Top Bottom