Final PC Build for review

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Guys final questions before I start buying stuff for my rig:

Final Questions:
1. Will a 430 Watt PSU be sufficient? Im going for a gtx 660 and not a gtx 650 ti boost. (Although the wattage of the 660 seems low, they recommend a 450 Watt PSU) If its only really important ill go for a 450W or 500W PSU. Suggest me one for about 2.5-3k.

2. Will this build have any compatibility issues within? Or is everything fine and compatible. (Not going to overclock CPU and RAM)

3. MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION: Does EVGA give international warranty? Going to get this card when I go to US early next month. I will be getting it back home but if something goes wrong, will the warranty be applicable in India? (If you dont know please redirect me to a place where I can ask this.)

4. The NZXT Gamma has space for 6 total fans. Can I and should I install two of these: CM 90 CFM BLUE. Reason to install these would be: Blue LED Bling! and extra cooling.

5. Going to start buying this month end onwards. Going to the US early in May coming back in mid June. So Ill buy the rest of the components in June and assemble it then. Anything worth waiting for? (Don't care about Haswell, its a Gaming Rig) I heard the nvidia 700 series desktop range will be launched in June. Will the GTX 750 (usually one lower number) perform better than the GTX 660 for the same price? Do I need to wait?

6. On a side note: Are these overclocked cards a marketing gimmick? Why don't I just buy a normal card and overclock it using software? Why pay extra for a factory OC model when you can do it at home?

Thanks,
You guys Rock!

1)It is non -oc rig so 430w is enough

2)Everything is perfect

3)i donot think so,you may have sent it to usa only (not sure)

4)yes get it

5)get gtx 660 dude,as gtx 750 will be par with gtx 560 not gtx660 at all.

6)it is not a market gimmick.factory oc are always better than manual oc as it has sufficient cooling.manual oc also posses some risks.donot think it so easy to oc gpu,it is not like to oc cpu.

Last edited:
OP
ParaXite

ParaXite

Power User
Hmm thanks. But I think the card warranty will be problem if they dont have international support.

P.S. I have overclocked GPUs before and can mostly get 15% performance increase out of them and when I have additional fans and a spacious chassis I would be able to do it. The only reason I can think off is that if Factory OC performance > Manual OC performance.

OP
ParaXite

ParaXite

Power User
Then go for GTX 660

tumblr_lndswgG1Np1qch7pn.jpg

But but I really need to think about the international warranty issue. Coz things commonly go wrong with the things I buy.

Guys final questions before I start buying stuff for my rig:

Processor - i5 3470
Motherboard - Gigabyte B75
GPU - EVGA GTX 660 Superclocked 2 GB :)D :D getting it for $184 ~ Rs 9700 :D :D)
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 2x4 GB @ 1600 MHz
PSU - Corsair CX430V2
Case - NZXT Gamma
Hard Drive - WD Caviar Blue 500 GB

Final Questions:
1. Will a 430 Watt PSU be sufficient? Im going for a gtx 660 and not a gtx 650 ti boost. (Although the wattage of the 660 seems low, they recommend a 450 Watt PSU) If its only really important ill go for a 450W or 500W PSU. Suggest me one for about 2.5-3k.

2. Will this build have any compatibility issues within? Or is everything fine and compatible. (Not going to overclock CPU and RAM)

3. MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION: Does EVGA give international warranty? Going to get this card when I go to US early next month. I will be getting it back home but if something goes wrong, will the warranty be applicable in India? (If you dont know please redirect me to a place where I can ask this.)

4. The NZXT Gamma has space for 6 total fans. Can I and should I install two of these: CM 90 CFM BLUE. Reason to install these would be: Blue LED Bling! and extra cooling.

5. Going to start buying this month end onwards. Going to the US early in May coming back in mid June. So Ill buy the rest of the components in June and assemble it then. Anything worth waiting for? (Don't care about Haswell, its a Gaming Rig) I heard the nvidia 700 series desktop range will be launched in June. Will the GTX 750 (usually one lower number) perform better than the GTX 660 for the same price? Do I need to wait?

6. On a side note: Are these overclocked cards a marketing gimmick? Why don't I just buy a normal card and overclock it using software? Why pay extra for a factory OC model when you can do it at home?

Thanks,
You guys Rock!

> The config looks good. Try to find i5 3570 (non k). It is available for 13.5k at some places.

> 430W PSU will be okay, but get 500W PSU if you can. Corsair GS500 is okay.

> No compatibility issues.

> Those are pretty good fans.

> 660 superclocked is perfectly fine.

> Factory overclocked come with better cooling, better voltage regulators and other similar stuff. However, you can always overclock the card manually. Unless a factory overclocked offers something more than higher clock rates, its better so save and get a std. one.

OP
ParaXite

ParaXite

Power User
Guys the EVGA and the Gigabyte models are for the same price (after rebates).

I found out that EVGA does give international warranty but there are no RMA or service centres in India. So the international warranty is useless, I'll have to ship it back to the US if something goes wrong. So should I go for the Gigabyte card instead (because there are service centers in India)? or should I just risk it hoping I get a non-damaged piece? :)P)

Also which board manufacturer gives better cooling, EVGA or Gigabyte? Any bad experiences with either?

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Instead of All these Headaches , buy from india itself. Some of the User has bought GTX 660 for 13.5K .... Ask some info from him.

OP
ParaXite

ParaXite

Power User
Instead of All these Headaches , buy from india itself. Some of the User has bought GTX 660 for 13.5K .... Ask some info from him.

Thats 4k more bro...that money is better spent somewhere else coz I'm already exceeding my budget. (I need a headset to skype while playing Dota 2, my razer lycosa is old and has broken keys so need a new keyboard also)

Top Bottom