File transfer using Utstarcom WA3002G4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashbang

I have a bsnl utstarcom wa3002g4 wireless router . I wish to transfer a 3 gb folder from my pc running on xp to my laptop running on vista using wireless transfer. Can anyone tell me the steps to do so ??

srbharadwaj

Broken In
I have a bsnl utstarcom wa3002g4 wireless router . I wish to transfer a 3 gb folder from my pc running on xp to my laptop running on vista using wireless transfer. Can anyone tell me the steps to do so ??

1: First share the 3gb folder on the PC
2: Find out the ip address of your PC
2: Switch on wifi on the laptop, check if u can connect to your PC by pinging the ip of your PC, if u can then u can easily access your PC's shared folder by typing the ip address in the browser

S

shankaran20

hi, i have the same router too (Utstarcom WA3002G4)...
it is connected to my XP desktop throught ethernet cable and a XP laptop connected wirelessly... my problem is that i cannot ping the laptop from my desktop and vice versa...
i am basically trying to set my desktop and my laptop for multiplayer gaming using the router

can you please help

srbharadwaj

Broken In
hi, i have the same router too (Utstarcom WA3002G4)...
it is connected to my XP desktop throught ethernet cable and a XP laptop connected wirelessly... my problem is that i cannot ping the laptop from my desktop and vice versa...
i am basically trying to set my desktop and my laptop for multiplayer gaming using the router

can you please help

Is the IP addrs of both ur desktop and laptop in the same subnet? what are the ip's of your machines? type 'ipconfig' at command prompt

S

shankaran20

Yes, the subnet is the same.

Router :192.168.1.1
Desktop :192.168.1.2
Laptop :192.168.1.3
Subnet Mask :255.255.255.0

and as i've mention i cannot ping from the desktop to the laptop and vice versa. but i can ping the router fine from both the desktop and the laptop. i am assuming that this particular router does not have this feature. Enlighten me on this, please

srbharadwaj

Broken In
hmmm...can u log in to the router and then try to ping the machines?
U can log in by using "telnet <router ip>" with ur usr name and passwd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom