FIFA 12 Painfully Slow Install

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
So I've purchased FIFA 12 from flipkart and when I'm installing it from the dvd drive the installation is very very slow.As you can see the part I've highlited is the install speed(mind you,not the download speed,it's installing from the DVD) and it is showing the remaining time as 30 minutes. That is way too much for installing 5-6 GB. Any way I can take a backup of the setup on my HDD or a pen drive and then install the game?
Capture.JPG

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
try after using a DvD cleaner with your drive. See if any other application is using the hard drive. You could try installing after creating an ISO.

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Don't worry.... these origin games are very slow to install from disk. I have, FIFA12, Mass Effect 3 & Battlefield 3 all on disk but they take on an average approximately 45 minutes to install each. :(
I have got 2 DVD writers from LG... did try with both of them but same result. So don't worry let it install.

OP
lovedonator

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
Don't worry.... these origin games are very slow to install from disk. I have, FIFA12, Mass Effect 3 & Battlefield 3 all on disk but they take on an average approximately 45 minutes to install each. :(
I have got 2 DVD writers from LG... did try with both of them but same result. So don't worry let it install.

Yeah it did install after 45 minutes. You would think that a company of this magnitude will give games on better quality disks...alas. Anyways,thanks.

Top Bottom