Few Questions For iPhone Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

dd_wingrider

In the zone
Guys who own iPhone, need your advice for the following questions.

1. It is worth to buy a 2G iphone in India(Second Hand).
2. Can you use the usual GPRS plans from Airtel etc on iPhone?

If yes then
You must be browsing sites in iPhone using GPRS, with such a good inbuilt browser, does the GPRS speed ruins the browsing experience on iPhone?

If No what are the choices for browsing?

3. What special services comes with the Locked iPhone from Airtel and Vodafone, which one would miss after unlocking it.

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
1. It is worth to buy a 2G iphone in India(Second Hand).
If you get it at 18k. Yes.
2. Can you use the usual GPRS plans from Airtel etc on iPhone?
Unlocked one, yes. If not, then no unless you get the GPRS settings.
If yes then
You must be browsing sites in iPhone using GPRS, with such a good inbuilt browser, does the GPRS speed ruins the browsing experience on iPhone?
It does.
If No what are the choices for browsing?
Over Wi-Fi the internet works fine.
3. What special services comes with the Locked iPhone from Airtel and Vodafone, which one would miss after unlocking it.
Other than after-sales service which IMO is of no good as AirTel & Vodafone provide the services. No.

goobimama

 Macboy
Note that the GPRS plan has to be the 'full plan'. Not sure what they are called, but theres a separate unlimited plan for mobile only and a separate one for mobile+computer. The iPhone registers as a computer and so you need the full plan.

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^ Actually, you dont need a "full" plan now. Its possible to use normal GPRS plans from vodafone/airtel.

GameAddict

In the zone
I am thinking of getting the cheapest iPhone from US via a friend in December. What should I be looking for? Unlocking has become cheap or I heard, could be done by ordinary users.

Let me know your experiences.

GA

Pat

Beyond Smart
I am thinking of getting the cheapest iPhone from US via a friend in December. What should I be looking for? Unlocking has become cheap or I heard, could be done by ordinary users.

Let me know your experiences.

GA

Ask him if he can manage to get a first-gen iPhone. "iPhone 3G" and "cheap" dont go together :p

a_to_z123

asia://india/ka/bangalore
Any Novice can Jailbreak an iPhone now...

The best software out there to do this is ZiPhone..

*download.ziphone.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom