Few Q's on XBOX 360 Controller for PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMN

In the zone
since im into gaming these days thought of getting one...
has anyone tried it?
-does it work with EVERY game?
-is it possible to configure the controls in the game?
-any issues with connection?
-and finally,where do i get it?esp in Cochin or any Indian Websites?

thank you

Update-how good is the foll website?
*www.nextworld.in/proddetails.asp?sku=HW3252

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I own a Wired Xbox 360 controller for Windows. So here's my take on it:

-does it work with EVERY game?
Most of the games which are Games for Windows certified are compatible natively with the controller. I suppose only Jamed Bond: Quantum of Solace was an exception albeit being GFW game. But nearly 99% of the game that release are compatible with this controller.

-is it possible to configure the controls in the game?
Most of the time they get pre-configured properly. Else you can customise them from within the game, provided the game allows customisation. Else you could try 3rd party softwares to manually configure any game you want with it.

any issues with connection?
None that I know of. The wired controller is your safest bet. It's just plug & play. While the Wireless one needs a separate Wireless receiver to be purchased.

-and finally,where do i get it?esp in Cochin or any Indian Websites?
I got it in Mumbai for around 1.6k from Lamington road. Don't opt for those showroom models as they price it at MRP which is BS.

OP
R

RMN

In the zone
thanks mate...
how reliable is the site i mentioned?
and any alternatives to this controller..in the same price range?

thank you

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
thanks mate...
how reliable is the site i mentioned?
and any alternatives to this controller..in the same price range?

thank you
Nextworld.in is pretty reliable from what I've heard. Never had any personal purchase experience though but you could check with a few members who have got some stuff from that site. I suppose Psychosocial had got a copy of GTA IV from that site. Check with him how the process works & how reliable they are. One of my friend's also got his copy of GTA IV from this site too. Although it was a nightmare of delays with the courier service.

I suppose Logitech's Rumble pad is the only thing which comes to mind. Similarly, you can pick up an original PS2 controller & couple it up with a USB converter, which is available for cheap price. The original PS2 controller, IMO, is the sturdiest controller ever. The buttons don't wear out easily. That I can vouch for.

Then again their rate of compatibility is a bit dodgy. So you'll have to struggle to find 3rd party software to be clubbed to get them to work with different games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom