Few Q's on assembling a PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMN

In the zone
ok guys im almost done but have few probs.
i have a eXtreme Power 600W by CoolerMaster.and a MSI p45 NEO F.
now i have 2 PCI-e connectors from my PSU but i don't know where to connect it!?

and when connecting the LED .Reset ,HDD lights etc cables from my case to mobo how do i know which is + and - terminal?
only the LED cable has separate - and + cables the rest are just one piece!?

tq

and btw do i have to apply thermal paste to the procy?

Last edited:

imgame2

Padawan
there is only one way most of the power connectors to connect just look at the mobo manual and PSU manul its fairly easy ...there is hardly any chance of u connecting anything wrong ...

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
just ask for transistor thermal paste in elektronic shops..........remove the fans n haet sink assembly by carefully removing the screw........apply on the top surface of CPU n Cu coating of heat sink.........fix it back

nvidia

-----ATi-----
and btw do i have to apply thermal paste to the procy?
If its a new processor, then no. The thermal paste will be present below the heat sink and will melt and spread over the processor when you run it.

OP
R

RMN

In the zone
tnx guys see...i connected the 4 Pin+12V CPU connector.but there are two extra 6 pin PCI-e connector i have no idea where to connect....should it be connected to PCI-e devices like GFX card?

and yes the thermal paste is already there but by mistake i brushed my fingers on it...anyway ill get some and apply.
tq

nvidia

-----ATi-----
The 6 pin PCI-e connectors are for graphics cards. If you don't have any graphics card, you dont have to connect them.

OP
R

RMN

In the zone
guys my mobo has 4 RAM slots...are there specific slots for 8oo and 1066 RAMs?
could not find anything on the manual.

OP
R

RMN

In the zone
tnx...
few more Q's
my mobo has 2 wires for the Front Panel Audio Connector..HD Audio and AC'97.i connected the HD Audio.my mobo should supp HD Audio right?

and my PSU has the 24-pin primary power connector divided into 20-pin and 4pin.i should connect both right?

Last edited:

nvidia

-----ATi-----
and my PSU has the 24-pin primary power connector divided into 20-pin and 4pin.i should connect both right?
Sometimes the 4 pin connector will be somewhere near the CPU socket. Make sure that you connect it.

OP
R

RMN

In the zone
tnx...mine is next to each other and connected both.
one more prob...
how do i identify which is the + and - of the front panel connectors cables?(for HDD POW REST).
the POW LED cable has separate + and - but no the others.

and my mobos manuals does not mention + and - for the POW LED.

thats the case with some mobos ...especially G43 based asus mobos ...but not with ur mobo

ok...the reason i asked was because the 1st and 3rd RAM slot is Green in color and 2nd and 4th is Orange.

Last edited:

nvidia

-----ATi-----
how do i identify which is the + and - of the front panel connectors cables?(for HDD POW REST).
the POW LED cable has separate + and - but no the others.

and my mobos manuals does not mention + and - for the POW LED.
Try both the ways. Nothing will happen to your computer if you connect the front panel connectors in the wrong way.

ok...the reason i asked was because the 1st and 3rd RAM slot is Green in color and 2nd and 4th is Orange.
That is for dual channel configuration..

imgame2

Padawan

as nvidia mentioned that those are for dual channel configuration ..which means if u want dual channel ..u will have to populate both green or orange at the same time ...if u use one RAM stick in orange and another in green ...it will not work as dual channel mode ..

OP
R

RMN

In the zone
oh k...tnx guys.
btw i have a couple of RAMs from my old P4 system...can i use it with my new sys?

and i have few Q on how i should set up the cooling fans on my chassis.
I have an Elite330 by CoolerMaster.it has a built in Rear exhaust fan(120mm).and i have an old fan(80mm) which is pretty low quality,it just costs 60rs.
my case has a Side Air Duct Included.i was wondering if its any good to replace it with the other fan as INTAKE?
and there is a vent/grill in front of the PCI ports i.e in front of my GFX card....again should i fix an INTAKE fan here?

tq

imgame2

Padawan
oh k...tnx guys.
btw i have a couple of RAMs from my old P4 system...can i use it with my new sys?

and i have few Q on how i should set up the cooling fans on my chassis.
I have an Elite330 by CoolerMaster.it has a built in Rear exhaust fan(120mm).and i have an old fan(80mm) which is pretty low quality,it just costs 60rs.
my case has a Side Air Duct Included.i was wondering if its any good to replace it with the other fan as INTAKE?
and there is a vent/grill in front of the PCI ports i.e in front of my GFX card....again should i fix an INTAKE fan here?

tq

if ur old RAMs are DDR2 u can use them ..else not ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom