Byte, change the title from
[Feedback] Jan 2005 Digit DVD/Digit Magazine
to
[Feedback] Fab 2005 Digit DVD/Digit Magazine

I don't know what you are talking about :p

tp_karthi@rediffmail.com

Right off the assembly line
Problem with DVD to AVI DivX MPEG Ripper 2.1.1 software

I installed DVD to AVI DivX MPEG Ripper 2.1.1 software using Jan2005 Digit DVD. If I click that EXE, the software is not running.
Can you point me the problem?
Is there any s/w related to this one?

Sourabh

Laptoping
some points i wod like to point out

:arrow: PAGE QUALITY worst than ever

:arrow: why where the socket 939 baseb mobo+proccy not reviewed

:arrow: is there any tie up with INTEL [i dun mind the intel ads on the left hand side of all the review pages] whts the use comparing intel 3.4 ghz cpus with amd 64 3000+

:arrow: y DIGIT y ?? where are those tabloid reviews of all the reviewed products like u did a year before

:arrow: u just reviewed mobos+ proccys given by the companies. has this been the same before. i feel that just not reviewing something just because they were not given by the manufacturers for free was wrong on the DIGIT part. c'mon guys wht we want from u'll is a review of everything which u can which are available in the market

:arrow: as a TECH mag which quote the TECHNOLOGY NAVIGATOR, u shld be ahead of times in wht u review, i so expected the s939 based proccy and mobos, it is quite disappointing

:arrow: other contents in the MAG were good enuf and were well written

:arrow: BYTE said the POP WW review was with words. as i can see it was a wordly review but wht good a review is if they dun mention the minimum system requiremens for the game to run

:arrow: the CD/DVD contents were good but most of us dont buy the mag for the cd/dvd buy for the mag contents.

if someone from the DIGIT team answer some of the questions i asked, it would be worth appreciating

there are so many ppl not happy with the reviews off late, especially everyone wants tht tabulated kinda review thing back and a more detailed thorough review of the product and not some in general review of the products

and year kudos to whoever selected all the wallpapers !! :wink:

QuickFire

Broken In
got my mag yesterday...
cudn't manage enuf time to read any article..
but overall seems good...will tell abt tat l8r.
the DVD is gr8 as always...
but 2 of the included big games are not good enuf.
the one tat is can't be played on my system (gf4mx440) :(

anyways, after quite a few issues, the paper quality
suX (with a capital X ;)) this time... doesn't feel like the
no. 1 indian tech magazine...hope this will be addressed.

vysakh

Padawan
Byte said:
QuickFire said:
hehe..
Byte, change the title from
[Feedback] Jan 2005 Digit DVD/Digit Magazine
to
[Feedback] Fab 2005 Digit DVD/Digit Magazine

I don't know what you are talking about :p

nice editing
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW abt feedback :cry: :cry: :cry: didnt get the mag

DKant

In the zone
Got it 2day. Pretty good work across the board. :)

@Sourabh - it's clearly mentioned that it's a mid-range mobo+procy review. Clearly 939 mobos don't fit into that category just yet - this was mentioned in the beginning of the review.

In fact with the exit of the XP's even the term "mid-range" seems like a joke - best vfm combo comes for 11K. With an XP u cld easily get the best combo for waaaay under 10. Neway.:roll:

And BTW I don't see how anyone could suggest a tie-up with Intel. AMD emerged winner in all the tests (except video encoding, which was expected)! And the comments, except in the beginning of the review, were all in favour of AMD. In fact unless ur a conspiracy theorist, u prbbly wouldn't even have noticed those "comments" in the beginning of the article. Hell u wldn't have cared for the ones inside as well! :p

Before I go any further, Digit isn't paying me. ;)

PoP Review was nice. But as Sourabh ritely pointed out, the min req were missing. (However, considering that every damn game needs an X850 + FX55 + 2gigs'o'RAM to play smoothly, even that might be forgiven! ;)) How about including a video review as well next time, on the DVD? That would be uber-cool, and probably a first for Indian mags! (Got the idea from the notebook video review, haven't seen it yet tho)

And also, if possible try to bundle the review, and a demo in the same issue. It would be a li'l bit of a trouble, but a nice touch. 8)

I didn't exactly observe how the page quality was, and as usual I skipped the Digital Business segment, so no comments there. :yawn:

And I haven't seen the CD/DVD yet, but methinx it would be better if u provided some 'exclusive' content on the CD. This's been suggested a million times b4 by numerous 4um members, and not without reason. Those with a 'vanilla' optical drive should be made to feel a li'l special as well. lolz.

P.S: Just read the "diary". Congrats Raaabo! :p U didn't tell us m8! Everybody spam his inbox! :twisted:

Sourabh

Laptoping
huh wtf

they always used to review p4 3 ghz then p4 3.2 ghz which costed more than 37k even one year back

then in their A list they use to mention cpus and mobos costing way out of normal ranges

even in reviews before they considered all the mobos and cpus

then y not this time

y do they review graphic cards worth rs 40 k then ??

they can review AMD 64 3000+ but not 3200+ y baby y??

when did digit start caring so much abt the budget users ??

theres no doubt in my mind that 'someone' doesnt wanna make this AMD 64 v/s P4 stats common

man only reason DIGIT dint review the s 939 mobos is that INTEL doesnt wann common INDIANS to get aware that wht they buy at dirt cheat i.e 915 mobos + 3 ghz HT proccys can easily be overshadowed by amd 64 bit proccy and mobos

DIGIT & INTEL have a tie up to say this in the mildest of terms

kudos to DIGIT anyways

keep up the good work

DKant

In the zone
Y then and not now? Bcuz this time it was, quite specifically, a mid-range shootout. :)

But I don't understand why the 3200+ wasn't reviewed. Don't think the price diff is much. :? But then if the 3200+ were reviewed, then why not the 3400+ as well? :)

But anyway, except in the CINEBENCH test, the 3000+ beat the P4 in all the other tests! And the AMD sys'es won both the Gold and Silver Best Buy tags! So there ain't no room for a conspiracy theory. At least I don't see any. :|

theraven

Technomancer
darn ur fightin each other on the behalf of digit
yeah we get it was only a "MID RANGE" shootout
but thats precisely it
why only mid range
we always had a low/mid and high end shootout
i was lookin forward to seeing more of nForce 4. ..
and yeah the shootout did definitely disappoint due to the exclusion of these

Sourabh

Laptoping
dang!!

y only midrange thats the question ??

when u say urself 'THE TECHNOLOGY NAVIGATOR' one has to be ahead of times

also do they plan to review them in the near future ??

last review of mobo+ proccy was abt 1 yr back

so if the same is gonna happen again dont u think nf4 and s939 wod become common

they can review 925 mobos which cost a hefty 15k rs

y isnt MID-RANGE review only, done with laptops , TFT's, GRAPHIC CARDS, mobiles, smartphones and other products

cmon guys nforce 4 and socket 939 is the only best option for any one who wanna buy a new system

and besides the price gap aint much considering one can even get a a8n SLI for Rs 12.5 coupled with a 3000+ for 6.8k

i guess the definition of mid-range is changing. even moderate users wod like to buy a good mobo and proccy and compromise on other things because things get common, and obsolete so fast

i am only waiting for some DIGIT guys to answer this

OP
B

Byte

Ninja Jedi
PROC + CPU test:
It was mid-range only this month. A high-end shootout is Coming Soon. I don't see how you could even see an Intel bias - Intel has money for the ads, AMD doesn't - is the best that your imagination should come up with; especially considering that AMD beats Intel in all but one set of benchs (which is HT and SSE tweaked as pointed out in the article)...

VIDEO REVIEWS OF GAMES:
I so want to do this for this month but Feb is small, time is flying and deadlines are approaching fast. Wish me luck over the weekend and maybe you will have your wish granted.

sudhir_mangla

Broken In
2 DVDs they should also provide 2 cds .

they should understand that most of the users has only cd romes installed .

they will loose their customer in long term.

most of my friends are opting for Chip as they see that from last 3 months digit is only providing 1 cd.

Sourabh

Laptoping
if a high end mobo + proccy review round the corner and being soon featured in DIGIT then no problemo :p

lol

i hope that its in APRIL issue

OP
B

Byte

Ninja Jedi
sudhir_mangla said:
2 DVDs they should also provide 2 cds .

they should understand that most of the users has only cd romes installed .

they will loose their customer in long term.

most of my friends are opting for Chip as they see that from last 3 months digit is only providing 1 cd.

You should tell your friends the pros of the Digit DVD. A DVD drive is hardly a big investment.

Sourabh

Laptoping
btw got the DIGIT FEB ISSUE sneak peek mail

there in i fold this written

Future Perfect

AMD Processors
Intel processors
AMD Motherboards
Intel Motherboards

when these mid range mobos + proccys which are reviewed are themselves outdated

so y is DIGIT stating it 'FUTURE PERFECT' ??

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
ok bought an issue after a long gap . main reason was the spiderman pic on the cover , my nephew was happy abt it , till we reached home and no spidey themes and videos or games in it . he aint happy abt it .

gender blunder still there ???

mandrake good . Next time plz try giving an article or two abt the linux distro , faqs , installs , how tos

kurious thing in the wallpapers in the dvd . Was there some kind of shoot out or comparison done amongst the pictures of the actresses ??? :) . how Would love to know how that test was done and what scale was used for comparison .

acronis power utilities was needed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom