FEDORA CORE 3 ? Jan DIGIT DVD ? HOW 2 INSTALL ??????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

imprince

Journeyman
friends tell How to install fedora core 3 ,,, from digit dvd ? jan 2005 dvd ?

not able to boot from DVD

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
well on the dvd digit has given the FC3 iso's
which you will need to burn on cd's
and then you will have to use these cd's to install FC3

nixcraft

Journeyman
Yes it does helps. Here is what I did

1) I opend first ISO file using mount –o loop ontion in RHEL3 and then copied boot.iso file to root /tmp directory under existing linux. But you can do the same with Windows with the software called winrar and extract only boot.iso file and burn that on an empty cd.

2) Boot from this CD and follow instruction given at url www.thinkdigit.com

3) Enjoy!

4) With this FC3 I can watch TV using tvtime, burn CDs K3b, Browse net firefox, yahoo chat using zinc and so on :D

5) Previously I was using mepsis now FC3

phantom4ever

Right off the assembly line
Installaing FC3

HI,

I have installed FC3 in my computer from the *.iso files. It works well.

I created a boot CD from the file boot.iso, which was there in the first CD image of FC3(FC3-i386-disc1.iso). I used WinRAR to extract this boot.iso from FC3-i386-disc1.iso.

Then i burnt the CD image (boot.iso) with the help of Nero, which created a FC3 boot disk. I kept all the iso files (FC3-i386-disc1.iso, FC3-i386-disc2.iso, FC3-i386-disc3.iso, FC3-i386-disc4.iso) in a FAT32 partition (hda3).
I started the computer using the FC3 boot CD, which started the FC3 installation. I selected hard disk and it asked for path. I gave the path /dev/hda3 and FC3 took the iso files and started installation normally.

No need to burn all four Fc3 cds and start installation. No need to change the CDs in between. Installation completed quite normally. I have some other doubts.

1.) I first extracted all the *.iso files to a location and thought the installation will take up the rpms. but it is not. Why?
2.) I tried to install a software(which is in the distro, actually thunderbird, which i have not selected during the installation process), but Add/Remove program in FC3 asks for FC3 CD #3 for that one. ??. So there is no need to keep these iso files in the /dev/hda3 (fat32) partitions any more?? (I have not selected KDE during installation, if i have to include it now, i should use only the FC3 cds??
3.) What should do if i have to install any dependencies?
Either i have to create all cds and then only i can install, or else i have to search in the RPMS to get those files. ??
4.) Is there any way i can direct Add/Remove programs to get the rpms from a location in my hard disk ?? (either fat32 or ext3)

I have just started exploring FC3. I am upgrading from RHL9 to FC3.

FC3 works Great..

Thankx for all guidance and replies.

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
if you want to install a personal dektop just burn the iso 1& 2 images though if you want kde desktop a few files are in disc 3.once you have burnt you can set a /boot partition (500 mb)and a / partiotion(the remaining space)depends on where you are installing.relax during the rest of the installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.