Fedora 8 Proves Popular and Powerful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Many users have already taken Red Hat's latest community Linux for a "spin." (DesktopLinux.com)

by Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols

It took just three days before 54,000 copies of Fedora 8, the Red-Hat-sponsored and community-supported Linux distribution, were up and running.

Fedora 8 was released on Nov. 8. Fedora 8 enhancements include the expanded ability for users to create custom spins or appliances, increased security features, a new look and feel, and numerous technical advances.

If you don't like how Fedora 8 looks, works, or what's inside it, you can always create your own custom '"spin'" of Fedora. A spin is a combination of specific software to meet an individual user's requirements. This feature was first introduced in Fedora 7. In Fedora 8, the default system comes with four new spins: Games, Developer, Electronic Lab and KDE, which uses the popular desktop in place of Fedora's default GNOME desktop interface.

Source

To know about Fedora 8 's features, see this (honestly, this is my blog)

praka123

left this forum longback
the "spin" thing is nice.i will be downloading a livecdgnome of fc8,longtime since i tried.pulse audio how does it fares with esound that basically i want to know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom