Fedora 5 + postgresql,cd problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediator

Technomancer
Hi
I have four problems actually.
1) The CD/DVD copy/access operation gives IO error. No file can be opened or copied! The DVD/CD RW works fine on XP!! I think its some software/library problem! Can u tell what to update? I have already update libdvdread!

2) Postgresql fails to start! I have already updated posgresql through yum!

3) Mysql fails to start says
Initializing MySQL database: Neither host 'Darkwire' nor 'localhost' could be looked up with
/usr/bin/resolveip
Please configure the 'hostname' command to return a correct hostname.
If you want to solve this at a later stage, restart this script with
the --force option

4) The xmms thing doesnt minimize from the minimize cross but minizes from the tab on the bar below!

Please help me!

OP
mediator

mediator

Technomancer
Ok 1st problem i solved maself.......edited the fstab and made correction entry which said "/dev/hdd /media/cdrom......" -> "/dev/cdrom /media/cdrom"......and all works fine!!

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
If Postgress fails to start.That means it can't find localhost!! Try this:
Install Apache Web Server (and make it start at boot time) & also you need to
enable 'network' in the 'Services' that can running. Do both these and reboot the
machine. Now start your MySQL or PostgresSQL will work!! After Apache is started
at boot time , after logging in.Start the Web browser and type : '*localhost'
It should show the Apache Server page, that means Apache is working fine &
also localhost!!

OP
mediator

mediator

Technomancer
Sorry for posting late......but I have corrected everything except problem 4 maself! Thinking FC5 was full of bugs I still did a few trial tests to find out what was wrong and eventually found that /etc/hosts file didnt have nething in it !! SO made an entry in it!

@JGURU thanx for replying but I didnt need to start apache,httpd etc. I just made a localhost entry in that file (/etc/hosts)!

Well if nebody know the solution of problem 4 please be kind to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom