Fedora 16 Launched

Launched : November 8, 2011
Installation Requirements:
  • 400MHz Pentium Pro or better processor (comparable AMD, Cyrix, and VIA processors also acceptable)
  • At least 768MB memory (RAM), 1GB recommended for best performance
  • 10GB disk space / storage

Main Features :
As always, Fedora continues to develop (RedHat contributions) and integrate the latest free and open source software (Fedora 16 Features). The following sections provide a brief overview of major changes from the last release of Fedora.
The following are major features for Fedora 16:
  1. Enhanced cloud support including Aeolus Conductor, Condor Cloud, HekaFS, OpenStack and pacemaker-cloud
  2. KDE Plasma workspaces 4.7
  3. GNOME 3.2
  4. A number of core system improvements including GRUB 2 and the removal of HAL.
  5. An updated libvirtd, trusted boot, guest inspection, virtual lock manager and a pvops based kernel for Xen all improve virtualization support.

Complete Release notes: Release Notes

Using it since last 2 days. Its awesome and much better than Ubuntu 11.10.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't say much, since I've not experienced it enough. But I will say that its a worthy 600mb download if you are tired with Ubuntu 11.10. Plus, it loads much faster, easier to use than any other distro I've used before.

Last edited by a moderator:

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Nope.. 600 MB will not be suffice.. It misses LibreOffice.Org (it did in the prior versions). So I think that you should go for the DVD Image..

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Just finished installing in my vmware setup.

First overall impression: Good. :thumbs:
But people would face more than one problem while installing in vmware.

Top Bottom