Status
Not open for further replies.

adityaksharma

Broken In
i upgraded to FC3 from suse 9 and found it to b much much better but i still am a newbie at linux and so i did the unthinkable installed Xp only thn did i realise my mistake and now i am unable to boot into FC3 and neither do i have the digit dvd nor the Cdz from which I installed FC3 so plzz help me boot bak into FC3 plzzzz all partitions are still intact

gauravnawani

Journeyman
Boot from the first fedora disk,

Select rescue mode.
When it drops you at the prompt then issue

chroot /mnt/sysimage
grub-install <device> hda

Make sure you know on which harddisk you had installed both of them. Typically hda will be the first hardisk and hdd second and so on.

You can buy the Linux for you of this month it contains Fedora4 DVD.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
@gaurav
he already told that he do not have the install disk with him. do you have any other solutions ?

@aditya
download the fc3 net install iso, its about 5 mb. burn it to a cd, and follow the steps quoted by gaurav
Code:
*fedora.lsu.edu/dist/linux/core/3/i386/os/images/boot.iso

gauravnawani

Journeyman
desertwind said:
@gaurav
he already told that he do not have the install disk with him. do you have any other solutions ?

>> Re read the post please.
You can buy the "Linux for you" of this month it contains Fedora4 DVD.

ujjwal

Padawan
Well if you cannot get hold of a Fedora disk, you can do without it. Boot into any live cd that supports your hardware and filesystem used (AFAIK fedora uses ext2 or ext3, so this should not be a problem), mount the partition which contains /boot, on a directory, if the hard disk is hda1, use

Code:
mkdir /mnt/fedora
mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/fedora

chroot to /mnt/fedora and proceed as gaurav explained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom