FAT32 to NTFS....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumbledore

Journeyman
well, i have a 40gb hard disk with 10 partitions. except for G:, F: and C: everything is ntfs. I have important data in these three partitions so i can't format. how can i convert it into ntfs without formatting? also, what is a dynamic drive? please help...

go4saket

Search buddy... Anyways, here is the link...
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35907&highlight=

::cyborg::

In the zone
WHAT OS U HAVE

IF U HAVE XP THEN

DUMBLE DORE LIKE UR DATA IS IN D DRIVE AND U WANT TO MAKE DRIVE D: NTFS THAN DO ONE THING TRANFER THE FILES TO OTHER DRIVE AND THEN FORMAT D: TO NTFS WITHIN WINDOWS AND THEN TRANFER BACK THE FILE TO THE D: DRIVE

legolas

Padawan
there is no necessity for formatting the hardisk for partition format changes!!! so cyborg and abhishek, since he has asked for a solution which doesnt need formatting, i wud recommend u ppl to provide with such a sol. if u knew.

vijay_2787 said:
go to commandpromt
and type help convert
to get more necessary instructions.
==================
just go to command prompt
and type
convert e: /fs:ntfs
to convert to ntfs... u can add other necessary options if necesary by finding the options as told above.

OR

u can use norton partition magic and convert in minutes. there is no need to format. pls donot recommend it as a method.

/legolas

P3PoweR

Broken In
would somebody mind answering his second question? What is a Dynamic drive? frankly, i don't know myself... :oops:

C

cybermanas

There is no need to format to convert to NTFS.You can use Partition Magic to convert the partition to NTFS without any data loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom