FASTING UR DOWNLOAD SPEED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The broadband connection speed depends upon the router modem connected on ur telephone line. Since BSNL & MTNL use ATM's there is a 10 - 13% loss in speed. So for 256 kbps connection 200kbps - 225 kbps is the max u can achieve. In torrents sometimes it may go to 256kbps but the steady speed will be somewhere near 200kbps. I hope this should :idea: u.

raj14

In Deniel
these tweaks never work, you can However, enable the QoS packet Scheduler to extract extra bit of bandwidth out of your connection, you won't get amazing downloads speed, but you would get a 5-9kbps more speed, it's tried and tested method which has worked for me. ona 512k DataOne Connection :)
Go to Start> Run> type: gpedit.msc (Group Policy Editor, only in Windows xp pro) go to Administrative Templates> Network> QoS packet Scheduler> On Right side, you should see: Limit Reservable Bandwidth, Click Enable and Set the Value to 0%, Disconnect, Disable LAN and then reconnect, you would notice a Slight Boost (no jumping from 15kBps to 600!) but a little boost, say you have a 256k connection and you normally get 243kbps, by doing this, you would get around 252kbps. if you're confused, see the image:
*img202.imageshack.us/img202/1961/qos6iz.th.jpg

Charley

Just Do It
raj14 said:
Go to Start> Run> type: gpedit.msc (Group Policy Editor, only in Windows xp pro) go to Administrative Templates> Network> QoS packet Scheduler> On Right side, you should see: Limit Reservable Bandwidth, Click Enable and Set the Value to 0%, Disconnect, Disable LAN and then reconnect, you would notice a Slight Boost (no jumping from 15kBps to 600!) but a little boost, say you have a 256k connection and you normally get 243kbps, by doing this, you would get around 252kbps.

How shud it be tweaked in Win 98 SE? Also how do u disable LAN and reconnect?

raj14

In Deniel
I Don't know about 98SE sorry man, but i run xp really sorry.
to disable LAN, (in XP, the 98SE Procedure won't be too diffrent) Go to Network connections
*img408.imageshack.us/img408/3643/nc5po.th.jpg

Right Click on LAN Icon and select Disable from the context menu
*img408.imageshack.us/img408/1645/landisable9bi.th.jpg

To reconnect, simply Double click on icon.

selva1966

Journeyman
raj14 said:
I Don't know about 98SE sorry man, but i run xp really sorry.
to disable LAN, (in XP, the 98SE Procedure won't be too diffrent) Go to Network connections
*img408.imageshack.us/img408/3643/nc5po.th.jpg

Right Click on LAN Icon and select Disable from the context menu
*img408.imageshack.us/img408/1645/landisable9bi.th.jpg

To reconnect, simply Double click on icon.

If I disable LAN or High-Speed Internet BSNL DataOne also does not connect.
shows error 769. I have XP Home :evil:

raj14

In Deniel
Hold On buddy, did you read my post carefully? you have to Disconnect and reconnect, obviously if you try to connect DataOne with LAN Disable it would fail.achacko asked how to Disable your LAn, i was just asnwering his query, i laso said, to RECONNECT Double click on Icon, now in all thsi were did i exactly told someone to stop their LAN and then connect? :D chill man :)

Charley

Just Do It
Tried it again and I see there is a 3kpbs change only. Let me check it again and see at another time.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
there wont be much a difference coz windows by default is configured to allot 20% or ur bandwidth for it. once u make it to 0% you may get a max increase of 6kBps.

good tip tho!

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Re: TRY

rajas700 said:
sagar_mutha said:
Dont know how but this really seems to be working!!!
I'm getting around 55-60KBps on LimeWire with my DataOne connection with a mere 3-4 sources...
Will try downloading more in the free hours and provide updates

TRY.WORKS FOR ME AND sagar_mutha.

it never worked for him as he said , due to maintainence work in the banglore server , one night bsnl users were getting speeds over 1MBps. i was downloading with dap @ 230KBps approx and was getting sppeds over 100KBps in limewire with two simultanious downloads. i downloaded 3 gigs of data that night in 5 hrs.

see the screen
*img382.imageshack.us/img382/7351/omg9er.th.jpg

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
OMG!!!
230 KBps d/l speed........
It must be gr8 experience!
I never get above of 10 KBps in my Reliance connection.
Mostly I get 5-6 KBps d/l speed...

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
rajas700 said:
unless your cpu is limiting your download speeds, there is no way this is possible
I don't get how cpu can be a factor in download speeds.

rajas700 said:
you would have to mod your modem, at the very least, to increase any download or upload speed
I don't think modding the mdem will help with speeds.

BTW, the tcp trick will work only slightly as it just optimizes the settings slightly. You can use this program "Cable nut" which allows you to tweak around 20 parameters. You can even download config files according to your connection and then visit their website to find out if ur settings are optimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom