Fastest scannning option

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
I need to scan and preserve thousands of documents.

I have managed a HP scanner but even tho at max configuration of comp/scanner/usb/softwares etc etc, its still time consuming. approx atleast 1 min per page.

Is there anyway we can reduce this time?

Which could be the way of fastest scanning? Are fast scanners available?

Do the DTP like centres perform this task? If so how much they charge approx? Coz my documents are in thousands.

thanks..

OP
a_medico

a_medico

Chillum Baba
and somebody told me there are few scanners available which can scan at the rate of 100 pages per minute !!!

wonder whether they are used in India!

OP
a_medico

a_medico

Chillum Baba
B n W ... want to convert them to txt using OCR..

but my hp scanner takes atleast 1 min per page...

Could there by any faster option?

janitha

Wise Old Owl
a_medico said:
B n W ... want to convert them to txt using OCR..

but my hp scanner takes atleast 1 min per page...

Could there by any faster option?

As far as I know you can do two things.
1. Scan in greyscale and not in colour.
2. Reduce the resolution of the scan. I think 150 or 200 dpi will do for OCR.

These two things will definitely speed it up. If I am wrong about the resolution for OCR, somebody may pl clarify.

OP
a_medico

a_medico

Chillum Baba
thanks janitha, i will try it. but i gues it will still take a significant amount of time per page.

i am looking out for somethg like 'more than one pages per minute' scanner....

as far as i know there are few which can scan as many as 140 pages/ min !!

I wonder where to find them.. certain not worth buying.

champ_rock

champ_rock
ok i found one damn cool thing while experimenting with my all-in-one... maybe it will work with ur model also...

past problem with me- (using the HP full version drivers)my comp config is not that good.. it used to take a lot of time to scan a document... it was a pain to scan as the comp would hog resources.. it was complt\etely impossible to do anything else while the scan was under progress..

NOW- i am using the corporate driver of my all-in-one .. they are light on system reasources... i simply use the SCANNER AND CAMERA WIZARD in xp to scan a document and these drivers easily let me scan 2-5 pages per minute (depending upon the settings).. they are light on use.. i am able to do some other work also...

so my recommendation would be to search for the Corporate drivers of ur scanner and then use the SCANNER AND CAMERA WIZARD... i think it would do the trick...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom