Best processor

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vasanth_12345

Journeyman
Huh

AMD and intel prcessors work differently.The r based on the same architechture(x86).The processor divides the work load into many parts and finishes them one by one.In intel processors the work is divided into say 20 parts And finishes them one by one.In amd the same work is divided into 10 parts.That doesnt mean that amds are faster since they will take more time in finishing a job.Thats why amds are rated as 1800+,3000+,etc depending on the workload they can handle.I myself own a intel p4,and one of my friends owns a amd i didnt see any difference.If u want a gaming pc go for amd adequatepower at a cheaper price .U can devote more money for ur gfx card

funkymonkey

Journeyman
Define Fast. And Define Fast in what applications.
Athlon64 are fast in gaming, productivity work FPU intensive apps.
P4 is fast in media encoding, 3d modelling.

THe fastest AMD available now is Athlon FX-55. Costs somewhere in excess of 45K.

sms_solver

In the zone
Wait for year or so, u may find 2 or 4 core processors from intel and AMD. These will be more faster than present one.

Or even wait for 2 or more years. IBM may produce cell processor for desktop.

geek_rohit

In the zone
There is no such thing as the fastest PC. Just tell what are your needs, and then buy a PC which perfectly suits to your needs and fit in your budget. A fast PC may be fast in some applications but need not be fast in the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom