Status
Not open for further replies.

Krow

Crowman
Which parallel dimension are you living in? Firefox's memory consumption and antics are well known and acknowledged. ;)
Okay, I am on your favourite Windows 7 x64. FF v3.5.3 with 8 tabs open = 132MB of RAM now.
Just opened the IE8 on this OS for the first time. No addons, not even flash player installed., 8 tabs = 135MB of RAM. Memory consumption antics? Both are equal over there aren't they.
The crowd's opinion does not become wisdom. I've used every browser there is to decide, unlike people who hear from a friend who's heard from another friend who read it on some jack@ass' blog that Firefox is better ;)
I have used FF, IE, Chrome, Opera, Safari, Avant, K-Meleon, till now to decide and yes, I have decided that IE whether 8 or not, is not by any means overall better than the others. When it comes to security, Chrome is the best, customisation, FF rules, All in one package, Opera and Speed, Safari. IE may be coming up to the standards set by the other browsers, but certainly me and all the people who have used it have trashed it. Many of us use it only to DL our fav browser.

Since your conclusions seem to be overly biased in favour of Windows, which I can sense from your
Windows FTW!
its best to quote Goobi's deleted post.
What ch****yagiri is this. Manan, why argue with these bigoles (i made that up).
That being said, Windows is a turd, whether 7 or 8 or 9.
:lol:

Who doesn't? Even God has a problem on his hands - Man.
Wish you would say the same for the various Linux distros. There is no need to say
Well, these are variants unlike the gazillion distros! Each with it's own dumb @ss problems!
when Windows has varied problems, none worse than the problems of Linux. Both OSes have problems, as admitted by you and its best if we stop pointing fingers on other's problems when we are far from perfect.

Krow

Crowman
Haha! I think they finally took away my mod power! I'm like one of you now!
How come? And why????? WTH is this? Just now you were mod and now you are not! No admin is online either? Looks its time to bump the science or god thread.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
How come? And why????? WTH is this? Just now you were mod and now you are not! No admin is online either? Looks its time to bump the science or god thread.
Sigh all this while I thought I was arguing with someone sane, instead it's a n00b. Ever heard of "don't show me online" option? It's there, you know. ;)

Okay, I am on your favourite Windows 7 x64. FF v3.5.3 with 8 tabs open = 132MB of RAM now.
Just opened the IE8 on this OS for the first time. No addons, not even flash player installed., 8 tabs = 135MB of RAM. Memory consumption antics? Both are equal over there aren't they.
Okay, I am on my favourite Windows 7 x86. FF v3.5.3 with 1 tabs open = 276MB of RAM now.
Just opened the IE8 on this OS for the first time. No addons, not even flash player installed., 1 tabs = 98MB of RAM. Memory consumption antics? I'll let you decide. ;)

I have used FF, IE, Chrome, Opera, Safari, Avant, K-Meleon, till now to decide and yes, I have decided that IE whether 8 or not, is not by any means overall better than the others. When it comes to security, Chrome is the best, customisation, FF rules, All in one package, Opera and Speed, Safari. IE may be coming up to the standards set by the other browsers, but certainly me and all the people who have used it have trashed it. Many of us use it only to DL our fav browser.
Chrome, huh... you're talking about the same guys who don't have faith in their browser to acquire market share that they decided to turn every IE into a Chrome?

Fx - customization, hmmm... again, you mean those gazillion addons that you say are so great and when the browser turns over and squiggles, you say to disable the addons. Sigh. n00bs. When will they grow up.
IE may be coming up to the standards set by the other browsers, but certainly me and all the people who have used it have trashed it. Many of us use it only to DL our fav browser.
We're still talking about the browser that has the largest market share, right? So who's trashed, again?
Since your conclusions seem to be overly biased in favour of Windows, which I can sense from your its best to quote Goobi's deleted post.
:lol:
Goobi is a Mac-tard. Don't listen to him.

Wish you would say the same for the various Linux distros. There is no need to say when Windows has varied problems, none worse than the problems of Linux. Both OSes have problems, as admitted by you
huh? Linux suck. Period. That wretched thing can't even play mp3s out of the box, bloated to the core, filled with applications made by God knows who! At least with Apple I know what comes bundled has been made by Jobs' b!tches and what comes with Windows is by Ballmer's champions. :)

and its best if we stop pointing fingers on other's problems when we are far from perfect.
Speak for yourself. I'm perfect ;)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Gone those old days iMav. Come to real. Now Firefox is with better memory management. And wait... Did you forget there is Opera too. :p
And now don't say Windows 7 can't handle Firefox. :p
I use Firefox as my development purpose only & have switched to Google Chrome for all general browsing, just because Google Chrome uses native WIndows API to work on WIndows while Firefox tries to be another OS on top of my OS using XUL....

Seriously speaking, XUL needs an overhaul. Gecko is good, but Firefox isn't. The day Google Chrome starts supporting official extensions, firefox's days r gone

All I am waiting for is AI roboform support in Google Chrome & I am switching, everything else is already there.

By the way, IE 8 already has inbuilt ad blocking... how many of you knew it? U can download a custom adblock.xml from here.*bit.ly/44Up1A

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
Sigh all this while I thought I was arguing with someone sane, instead it's a n00b. Ever heard of "don't show me online" option? It's there, you know. ;)
I am new to forums, yes, but I am learning and well, thanks for telling me about the don't show me online option. :)
Okay, I am on my favourite Windows 7 x86. FF v3.5.3 with 1 tabs open = 276MB of RAM now.
Just opened the IE8 on this OS for the first time. No addons, not even flash player installed., 1 tabs = 98MB of RAM. Memory consumption antics? I'll let you decide. ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: Looks like your version is IE friendly, while mine is a little bit more unbiased. Under one tab in my OS IE = 27.5 MB RAM, while FF = 28MB. You need to do something to your bloated versions of both browsers, unless you have 16GB RAM, which isn't possible to be used under your x86 OS anyway.
Chrome, huh... you're talking about the same guys who don't have faith in their browser to acquire market share that they decided to turn every IE into a Chrome?
Let's not start about market share. I am not a fanboy of any browser. IMO all have their own shortcomings. The only reason I use FF is because of tarey_g's neat digit addon which works best here.
Fx - customization, hmmm... again, you mean those gazillion addons that you say are so great and when the browser turns over and squiggles, you say to disable the addons. Sigh. n00bs. When will they grow up.
Well, when about 30 addons were installed, the only squiggle that happened was a little high memory consumption, which again was nowhere near your 276MB RAM when one tab was open. :)
We're still talking about the browser that has the largest market share, right? So who's trashed, again?
Well, IE has the largest market share, but it is decreasing every passing day. Anyway, market share does not mean that a browser is the best. I dunno which browser is the best overall, but for my needs, FF/Opera?Chrome serve me as and when needed, no need for IE.
Goobi is a Mac-tard. Don't listen to him.
You are talking as if I took his word to heart. ;)
huh? Linux suck. Period. That wretched thing can't even play mp3s out of the box, bloated to the core, filled with applications made by God knows who! At least with Apple I know what comes bundled has been made by Jobs' b!tches and what comes with Windows is by Ballmer's champions. :)
Haha... :lol: No use commenting here anyway. Even being a Windows user for many years and using Linux for only a couple of months or so, I know better than to be such a die hard fanboy. :)
Speak for yourself. I'm perfect ;)
Maybe, but your favourite OS/browser is not. By no means.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
@ The Krow

It would be better if instead of trolling you say something meaningful showing why Firefox as a software is better then IE 8/ Google Chrome.

Looks like your version is IE friendly, while mine is a little bit more unbiased. Under one tab in my OS IE = 27.5 MB RAM, while FF = 28MB. You need to do something to your bloated versions of both browsers, unless you have 16GB RAM, which isn't possible to be used under your x86 OS anyway.

Do you know how a browser's memory management works & how Chrome manages to use less RAM then firefox by flushing unused stuff from RAM & loading from hard disk cache again when required? If not then don't talk about memory here plz. Firefox keeps stuff in memory due to which the usage increases.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
All of you complaining about Firefox, try this optimised build: *www1.plala.or.jp/tete009/en-US/software.html

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^^ They are for an older version as currently I use Firefox 3.6b1 build 2 cos it has Aero peak support in Windows 7.

Opimised builds make the "Software" fast, but that doesn't make memory management any better.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Oh.. Hell they do make memory management much better!

Read here: *blog.pavlov.net/2008/03/11/firefox-3-memory-usage/

Last edited:

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Whoa this thread title is so appropriate, since it marks a ret*cough* of someone *cough* Oh wait it's two. :p :grin:

Anyway, I personally dont like IE. It stands way behind Opera, Firefox, Chrome/Chromium, Midori, Epiphany, and Konqueror (and even few more good browsers I tried, can someone remind me the name of a certain Japanese named Open Source browser? (yeah that too) ) in the pecking order IMHO.

As for OS bashing, I feel pity for guys who have nothing to do in their lives except to bash OS. :lol: Seriously I can work easily with both Windows and Linux and hopefully even Mac OS X and I feel one should respect someone's choice of OS, after all it's something personal. :p

Anyway I dont wish to achieve any brownie points here, so I am outta this thread before I get flamed, I have enough of that kind of experience (I'll advice the same to you Krow :p )

Krow

Crowman
@ The Krow

It would be better if instead of trolling you say something meaningful showing why Firefox as a software is better then IE 8/ Google Chrome.
It would be better if you start reading my posts properly. I have never mentioned anything comparing Chrome to FF. All I have said is that IE 8 and FF have equal memory usage.
Do you know how a browser's memory management works & how Chrome manages to use less RAM then firefox by flushing unused stuff from RAM & loading from hard disk cache again when required? If not then don't talk about memory here plz. Firefox keeps stuff in memory due to which the usage increases.
Yes, I do know about Chrome's memory management, which I said nothing against, dunno where you got wind about me accusing Chrome of having poor memory management. IE 8 has incorporated Chrome's feature of each tab starting a separate process, which is again done better by Chrome than IE 8. All I have said is that in MY system, both FF and IE 8 consume equal amounts of RAM and if you call that trolling, then may God help you.
Whoa this thread title is so appropriate, since it marks a ret*cough* of someone *cough* Oh wait it's two. :p :grin:
:D:D::lol: That too only because Garbage made a Linux friendly post here!
Anyway, I personally dont like IE. It stands way behind Opera, Firefox, Chrome/Chromium, Midori, Epiphany, and Konqueror (and even few more good browsers I tried, can someone remind me the name of a certain Japanese named Open Source browser? (yeah that too) ) in the pecking order IMHO.
+1
As for OS bashing, I feel pity for guys who have nothing to do in their lives except to bash OS. :lol: Seriously I can work easily with both Windows and Linux and hopefully even Mac OS X and I feel one should respect someone's choice of OS, after all it's something personal. :p
Yes, it is best to let people make their own choice rather than bashing other OSes/browsers and being evangelists. I only said that FF and IE 8 have equal memory consumption in my PC and some ppl here think its trolling. :rolleyes:
Anyway I dont wish to achieve any brownie points here, so I am outta this thread before I get flamed, I have enough of that kind of experience (I'll advice the same to you Krow :p )
Advice well taken. I was out once, but the appearance of Garbage/iMav/Goobi in quick succession shocked me enough to make me post. I'm out forever from this thread. All the best to all those who wish to keep on posting here. :) Thread subscription removed. Mute spectating initiated.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
IE Rocks... Firefox Rocks... Chrome Rocks... Opera Rocks... And all other browser ROCKS !!!

Period...

[size=-2]I will give a try to IE if somebody provide me x64 build of IE on Linux. [/size] :p
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
IE Rocks... Firefox Rocks... Chrome Rocks... Opera Rocks... And all other browser ROCKS !!!

Period...

[size=-2]I will give a try to IE if somebody provide me OFFICIAL x64 build of IE for Linux. [/size] :p

Last edited:
OP
vamsi360

vamsi360

Always confused

Period...

[SIZE=-2]I will give a try to IE if somebody provide me x64 build of IE on Linux. [/SIZE]:p
Posted again:

Period...

[SIZE=-2]I will give a try to IE if somebody provide me OFFICIAL x64 build of IE for Linux. [/SIZE]:p

at last....you are right. You tried to be aggressive but failed. Remember that when I started the thread I said that IE is also good and I never ever said that FF is bad. I too am a programmer and if you say you are then you might have understood my posts. I just said that each and every user is taken into perspective when designing a component of a OS.

Just be calm.....there is no war to point out here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom