facing a networking problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mylifevp

Broken In
recently i have been asked to device a method in which i should be able to log on remotely to a server into my account created over the server and save my whole sesion over the server itself without saving anyting on the client machine.the main problem is that all the machines are using windows XP.and i have to use the same.

any suggestions to the above problem?all are welcome!!!!

digen

Youngling
I'm sorry but I seem to have lost you there.Can you elaborate more on exactly what you want to do?

From what I trying to get what exactly do you mean by whole session?Are the other machines on the same network or remote internet?

theraven

Technomancer
im pretty sure u need server os to do this .. u cant do this runnin winxp pro for a server os .. it doesnt have the features AFAIK !

diggy he wants to setup a client server environment wherein all work gets saved on the server alone and not on the client

ull need ADS installed on ur server for this ...

indro

In the zone
You can also consider Remote Desktop Connection ,if the RCP protocol is enabled on the Computer which you are referring to as server ,although XP are considered as clients for Domain based systems , all you need to do is type in the name of the "server" or the ip and then click connect , if you have a user account , logon using that ,then do whatever you want , logout , thats it .

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Cant you just use ADS, a roaming profile, Windows File Server, Microsoft Exchange and Group Policy Permissions on the client/server machine and get the job done? If you use these in conjunction, there's pretty much no need to store anything on the local computer and use it just for the processing alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom