F:\ is not accessible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaushal Hiwarkar

Be Healthy, Keep Smiling
Friends Plz help me . F: drive is my working directory .I have important data in that drive . I was printing data through f: drive after finishing my job i have closed that drive. Then again after 1 minute or less I tried to open F: dirve ,It doesn't open instead of opening I am getting following message. Friends Plz tell me the cause and solution. I will ve very thankful to all of U.

F:\ is not accessible
The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable

In property it shows Used Space 0 bytes, Free Space 0 bytes. Do I have to format that drive.

swatkat

Technomancer
Right-click on F:\ drive icon in Windows Explorer, and choose "Properties" option. Here, click "Tools" tab and click "Check Now" in error-checking section. Hopefully, it will detect any filesystem errors and fix it, so that the partition can be used again!
If that does not work, then you can use PC Inspector File Recovery to recover files:
*www.pcinspector.de/Sites/file_recovery/info.htm?language=1

OP
Kaushal Hiwarkar

Kaushal Hiwarkar

Be Healthy, Keep Smiling
Thanks a lot "Swat cat " I have successfully loged in that drive Thanks a lot.
Now one more question, What will be the cause/ reason

swatkat

Technomancer
Glad to know that helped :) That error was probably due to some sort of file corruption. It may not exactly result in data loss. Probably, some sort NTFS file index corruption, which can be fixed by running an "Error Check"...

vutonium

Broken In
I faced the same problem on my USB hdd. its a hitachi 80GB laptop hdd running over usb.
I checked the disk. Disk checker shows it found no errors and shows around 54GB in use. But i still cant access it from anywhere.not even cmd.I use vista ultimate. please help people.it has a lot of crucial data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom