extremely slow vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenaguru

Broken In
I installed Win Vista Ultimate on a Win XP machine. Installing was extrmely slow (almost 6 hrs) and now loading of vista is taking almost 1 hr. Sometimes It does not load at all after 2-3 hrs.
Once or twice when it loaded it worked well as far I (first time user of Vista) tested.
ram 1 GB, Processor 2.66 GHz Pentium D. free HD partition for Vista 20 GB.
What may be the problem? Any suggestion about solution?
Thanks.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Man, that is a bit too slow even for a 512 MB Celeron Processor machine.

Try out these 2 things, although i doubt if these are gonna be the problems.

1. Check your power scheme. Change it to High Performance.

2. In the Device Manager, choose your hard disk, and in the Policies tab, enable Advanced Performance.

BTW, you would want to check your hardware connections once.

sreejith80s

Right off the assembly line
Hi Friend,
My friends also have the same compaint ,
when using Windows Wista. I think for the
home edition version ,it will run smoothly
on a 1gb ram.But for the ultimate version
I think you need upto 2GB of memory for
smoother working.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ I am using Vista Ultimate on 2.8 GHz P4 + 768 MB RAM + GFX card .. It runs smoothly. Even boot time is less than a minute . Check if you have installed all correct drivers.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Vista works smoth on 1 GB... and even u have 512 MB it should not take 6 hours to install...

I am running Vista ultimate x86 under Intel P4 2.66 (Single Core) / D101GGC with 512 MB DDR RAM... by default System gets 480 MB RAM as 32 MB shared under grfx... Vista cant get Areo working because of low resourses, but installed under 1 hours including OS + Drivers + Office + Softwares...

Both of you who are having issue with Slow Vista, may I know the source of ur Installation Disk...

Make sure u are using a un-touched source... I mean dont use any CD version of any DVD version which is modified using v-lite of such... !!!

*GandaBerunda*

Drool!...Vista
u downloaded that 'dell patched version' from p2p? coz i too downloaded that, but it gave the same problem, so i downloaded a differently cracked version:D......maybe tats the reason...if original:eek: then contact m$

dr_jimit

Journeyman
Charan said:
^^ I am using Vista Ultimate on 2.8 GHz P4 + 768 MB RAM + GFX card .. It runs smoothly. Even boot time is less than a minute . Check if you have installed all correct drivers.

Very true,

I am running vista ultimate on Oldest n simple P4 just 1.7GHz,
Only 384 MB RD RAM
GeForce FX 5200 128MB AGP 8x Card running on Old AGP 4x slot,
40 GB old slow 5400 rpm HDD

It boots in ~3 minutes,
I can run Aero, dreamscene, MM, DVD maker, Media center

All u need to do is , best " vista signed drivers " u can get,
DEFRAGMENT n Check 4 errors frequently
Remove all unwanted software, startup entries, unwanted services if u know exactly
Make Sure Highest supported DMA mode is enabled

Last edited:

slugger

Banned
well i'm not sure about Vista, but u surely can boost installation speed of all other win variants tremendously by enabling disk caching

i install Win Server 2003 in less than 30 mins (till d moment i am able to click on a start button)

Pathik

Google Bot
I m using a 845gv 512 mb ram p4 2.4ghz and no gfx card.. Vista installation took 25 min and bootup takes 40 secs

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
jenaguru said:
I installed Win Vista Ultimate on a Win XP machine. Installing was extrmely slow (almost 6 hrs) and now loading of vista is taking almost 1 hr. Sometimes It does not load at all after 2-3 hrs.
Once or twice when it loaded it worked well as far I (first time user of Vista) tested.
ram 1 GB, Processor 2.66 GHz Pentium D. free HD partition for Vista 20 GB.
What may be the problem? Any suggestion about solution?
Thanks.

solution: simple.Buy it.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Yes, go to control panel->system
In that dialog box go to advanced tab and under performance settings-> select adjust for best performance->click apply->then click ok
Your Vista speed will be ok with one GB RAM. I have done this for a student of mine who has a Sony laptop (Intel Dual Core) with Windows Vista Premium and 1 GB RAM.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Well i can confirm the problem is because of the version of vista being used is pirated.Yes these pirated variants have many problems.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^+1--if you are using pirated version then it will have such problems(not to mention a lot of trojans and spywares).Better revert back to XP.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Harvik780 said:
Well i can confirm the problem is because of the version of vista being used is pirated.Yes these pirated variants have many problems.

One comment on it..

see its not pirated thats becuase the problem comes, is the method in which Vista is cracked which creates the problem...

U steal a Key install Vista under ur system with that Genuine key, means u have a fully working copy of Vista... its pirated in theory but will work as good as any other genuine copy...

but what people get from Download such so called non activated ones, are cracked by altering some files... some time the method in which its done creates these issues...

:(

Pathik

Google Bot
But choto even those methods work 90% of the times.. I still think the problem isnt related to cracking or piracy..

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
pathiks said:
But choto even those methods work 90% of the times.. I still think the problem isnt related to cracking or piracy..

I supported you !!! I did say some time... cant go in deep to discuss which method actually works and which gives issue... Against Forum rules and Against MS NDA which i am signed with them... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OP
J

jenaguru

Broken In
Ultimately I discovered the problem with my machine and Vista.

Second HDD (320 GB PATA) was the culprit. I physically unplugged the power chord from it and when machine is booting from main HDD (80 GB PATA) with WIN XP on C and Win Vista on D both the OS are running smoothly. Vista booting time is now nearly 90-120 seconds. The solution came to my mind by chance. Finding no other apparent cause and solution, I did this. Still I don't know why this happened.

Win XP is going OK as usual with two HDD.

Thanks to all.
jenaguru.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom