Extra protection after Windows SHIFT+DELETE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nil_3

In the zone
Is there any stand-alone utility which can give Extra file protection after Windows SHIFT+DELETE? I very much liked the Norton Protected Recycle Bin that came with Norton Systemworks 2003. Is there any similar standalone utility?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Extra file protection after Windows SHIFT+DELETE?

well which way??

there r some which will write data over the sector where u r file was to make sure no one retrives it by any mean...

and oposite... some to create back up... even after Delete u will still have the copy in HDD...

so what type u need??

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
I think he needs something that moves a 'Shift+Delete' action item to a secondary recycle bin (Like norton) rather than letting it delete. I feel S+D itself is safe enough :eek:

saROMan

QA Juggler
go here ...

*www.thefreecountry.com/security/securedelete.shtml

you will find every Damn Free tool to safely erase your Files

saROMan

QA Juggler
QwertyManiac said:
He wants to save it from erasing and you are pointing towards it ?

Damn i just read the words SHIFT+DELETE? /Norton Protected Recycle Bin /Norton Systemworks 2003. etc n thaugh he wanna know how 2 delete .. :p:p

sorry will find da ans n reply soon

OP
nil_3

nil_3

In the zone
QwertyManiac said:
I think he needs something that moves a 'Shift+Delete' action item to a secondary recycle bin (Like norton) rather than letting it delete. I feel S+D itself is safe enough :eek:

You are right. Also you cannot deny the necessity of a second line of defence. Anyway, is there any standalone utility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom