enigmatic7earth

Right off the assembly line
I'm not sure if this category is appropriate for this query, but your help would be appriciated.

I happen to use Seagate's FreeAgent GoFlex 2TB Harddrive [NTFS format] and am using it on a Windows 7 Ultimate with SP 1(x86). The drive would usually show up under "Devices
with Removable Storage" section rather than under "Hard Disk Drives" section in Windows Explorer. It was working perfectly fine.

I had lent to a friend of mine who wanted to take a back up of his stuff. He is using Windows 8 Pro with WMC (x_64).He then returned it to me. I could see my files on his laptop.

When I reconnected the external hard disk to my system, the drive's icon is visible in Windows Explorer, but is now shown under "Hard Disk Drives" section. Also I could see the
drive listed in the Disk Management section of Computer Management in NTFS format.

The problem is that I can't see the files and folders in the Windows Explorer even when I trun on "Show hidden files and folders" option from Folder Options. Also I did not get any
messages to format the drive.

My files are present on the disk, of this I am certain as,I can see that a certain portion is shown a occupied in the Windows Explorer.

I have even tried using the TestDisk utility to analyse the status of the drive and to search for lost partitions, but that to has failed, as I can't see the files in Windows Explorer.
(I have also tried using EaseUS Partition Recovery-Free edition, but no luck)

One pecular thing that I noticed was that all my files were present in an unnamed folder on the external hard disk when I used the TestDisk utility to see a list of files.

When I connect my external hard disk to my friends laptop, they are visible but are accessed by clicking a shortcut icon to the harddisk and not the usual way.

Neither of us has the required space (about 650 GB )to recover the files present. Kindly help.

Top Bottom