External Hard Disk Data Recovery

HalfOctave

Broken In
I have a Seagate 1TB external hard disk which contains loads of movies and most importantly old photographs starting from year 2000. Last month, the drive somehow got un-serviceable and stopped working. I went to a data recovery company named Steller and the quoted a whopping 70,000 bucks just for data recovery. :shock:

Does someone here knows some reliable and cheap data recovery solution providers? I am ready to shell out 10K at max for 1TB of data.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
steller is the only data recovery company in India having ISO certified CLASS 100 Clean Room.if you can not recover your data using softwares like recuva because of some mechanical problems(platter,rotor etc) then steller is the only option.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
From 2000?
You should have copied the data to other HDDs.
And, you can use some data recovery software to see if those work or not.

frankeric

Journeyman
hi there brother you can try stellar phoienx its a free and power full software it will help you recover all your data.

OP
H

HalfOctave

Broken In
From 2000?
You should have copied the data to other HDDs.
And, you can use some data recovery software to see if those work or not.

Yeah. I do have a backup in my other PC but then collecting them again and coompiling is big hassle. Data recovery software won't work as there seems to be some hardware issues.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
forget about recovery for now & start making backup of backup.when data is so important rule of thumb is at any time there must be at least 1 backup of original data(or backup data if original is lost like in your case).

Top Bottom