External DVD Writers for CD/VCD playing

eagercyber

Broken In
I have Lenovo Y500. It came with Home Basic Vista as pre-installed OS. But after a crashing during a SP installation, my private service center folks coolly installed pirated Windows 7 Ultimate! Later I paid a penalty and made it authentic too!

After that change, it doesn't recognize Audio CDs and VCDs. Shows them as blank! Also speaker/head-phone are not working. Luckily I am able to play DVDs! Later I could recognize that it is a serious hardware/software incompatibility issue as I saw one more case of my friend. He coolly formatted and installed XP and audio is fine for him. But I have some authentic and costly software. So I would like to remain in Windows 7 Ultimate.

Recently, a private service center guy could install a software (CD based) with an external DVD drive. That CD was shown as blank with my in-built drive!

So if I purchase an External DVD Writer, would I be able to play all audio CDs and VCDs?

So if I purchase an External DVD Writer, would I be able to play all audio CDs and VCDs?

You really posted this here instead of trying the discs? Anyways, yes is the answer. BTW you should have logged a complaint against that Lenovo guy for installing pirated copy of Windows OS instead of paying the fine yourself.

OP
E

eagercyber

Broken In
Thank you, for the clarification! Disks play well with other laptops and on an external drive. But I am confused about the word 'writer' on the names!

Yes, it was my mistake to give it to a private service guy! He was not official Lenovo person. In fact, there was no authorized Lenovo center anywhere nearby. These private service guys take the liberty of installing the most premium but prirated OS without our concurrence! They think that they do a charity! For them either it is the most premium available ( Win 8, these days!) or simple XP!

Top Bottom