Ext HDD Device not recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

guhanath

Journeyman
I have 160 GB Primary IDE external Hard drive. The disc created bad sector few months ago and i recovered all the data using some Backup softwares. After data recovery i gave the hard disk to Seagate customer care center. They serviced it and returned back. After that whenever I try to connect the hard drive as an external drive it end up getting USB device not recognised and device manager shows as Unknown device. We again went back to seagate center and they claim that it is working in their environment but they have never shown to me. Can anyone suggest what could be the problem and its resolution.

Yoda

Journeyman
try connecting in different USB ports and try to change the cable. also try connecting in another pc. also check if the USB drivers are ok and if pen drives are working in your pc. what is the casing are you using and sure you must power it using external power supply.

OP
G

guhanath

Journeyman
Just to clarify, other USB devices work in my PC. this ext hdd stopped working after service from seagate service center. They still claim that this ext hdd works in their environment but not showing to us. so how can we confirm its working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom