Explorer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
My friend's PC has some strange prob & I have searched the forum but didn't found the solution.
Whenever he double clicks any drive, nothing happens, no drive opens. I have checked his PC & I have found that there is an autorun.ini file which contains the autorun info as setup.exe. this setup.exe is no where on any drive. I tried to delete the autorun.ini file but it gets created again & again. also whenever I try to change folder options to show hidden files, it automatically changes to "do not show hidden...".
what can be the solution??

OP
n2casey

n2casey

Friends, I know its a virus infection but I am residing in an area where I can't get an antivirus. I have posted my prob from cyber cafe. That's why I am asking any temprory solution.

Hey Vishal,

don't make fun of me yaar. why r u laughing? Buddy I am also little bit wise, (may be less than u), so I can understand that its a virus infection. any solution???????????

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
sorry buddy, u got it wrong. :(
I wasnt making fun of u but I was smiling at the cyber cafe owner's luck. :D
All cyber cafes are usually infected with such viruses. ;)

I apologize again, if it hurt u. :)

The thing can be done, is download HijackThis and post the logfile here, then we can fix the suspicious item. :)

OP
n2casey

n2casey

Vishal Gupta said:
sorry buddy, u got it wrong. :(
I wasnt making fun of u but I was smiling at the cyber cafe owner's luck. :D
All cyber cafes are usually infected with such viruses. ;)

I apologize again, if it hurt u. :)

The thing can be done, is download HijackThis and post the logfile here, then we can fix the suspicious item. :)

Don't b serious yaar. I was just joking.
I will try to post HijackThis logfile asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom