explorer exploder in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumbledore

Journeyman
I own an AMD 3200+ 64bit Athlon xp 2.0GHz processor, 1GB RAM, A GeForce 6600GT LeadTek graphics card and an MSI motherboard. I use Vista and XP in dual boot. Recently in Vista, after the system boots up, I get this message

"Windows Explorer has stopped working. Windows is trying to gather the possible reasons"

Then immediately after that, the message "Windows Explorer is restarting" appears.

And these two messages get repeated over and over and over again. Please help.

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
one of my frenz are facing a similar problem too.. When they open a folder containing media (video), the explorer hang up and restarts..

pls help in this case also..

xenkatesh

Bewitched!
[Edit:techno_funky] Please do not take the efforts to post anything that will not help the thread and its author

Last edited by a moderator:

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
sridatta said:
one of my frenz are facing a similar problem too.. When they open a folder containing media (video), the explorer hang up and restarts..

pls help in this case also..
Do you have nero installed on Vista? Nero is incompatible and gives this error.

shaunak

Tux Fan
If you have any vedio formats that have improper codecs installed [ie incompatible with vista], this can happen. try playing it with VLC media player.
This can also be caused due to Zipgenius. it is incompati9ble with vista and can cause explorer to crash on right clicking, renaming or attempting to open an archived file. Try using 7zip instead.

@ xenkatesh and Anindya: Try answering instead on critisizing.

OP
D

Dumbledore

Journeyman
I use Windows Vista Ultimate build 5600.

And as for Linux, refer to my problem at *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36594

and try to solve it please as I am not able to install Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom