Exciting times ahead!

aaryaan

Broken In
Hello guys,

I have been waiting a long time now to buy a tablet or a smartphone. I was wondering as to what I really need and what fits in as an extremely useful if not indespensible device for me. The decision has been tough to make. I see both smartphones and tablets as a way to enter the android world. I would love to go into some app development on either of the devices.

Whereas tablets are better for both information (text) and media consumption than smartphones. The latter aces over the first in terms of portability. How easy it is to tuck your smartphone into your pocket whenever you go out instead of carrying a backpack with you to drag your tablet around. And also then you can chuck your 3 year old nokia phone which has really crappy camera and a basic mp3 player :D. The answer seems to be coming soon in terms of the upcoming Samsung galaxy phone tablet and (google nexus). A 5 inch screen which is better for reading and browsing than the small smartphones and a much better hardware.

I am a "computational power" person. I crave for better and faster processors and hate the crappy and insufficient lagging devices. And this is the point where I realized that I really do not need a tablet since netbooks are a more attractive solution specially if you have to carry a backpack any ways. And tablets are no means any good production devices when compared to the good old laptops. However Asus transformers are changing this equation a bit. But soon we are about to witness ultrabooks in the upcoming year similar to air books from apple which will boast of core i7 and better processors and being ultra thin and light weight devices with battery life comparable to a tablet. So then, do one really need a tablet?

For me a phone of the sort of upcoming Galaxy note and a very light but powerful ultrabook seem to be bare minimum of gadgets one geek can have to enjoy the best of the worlds. What do you guys reckon?

ciao and looking forward to the happy times ahead in all of the gadget realms :)

PS: does anyone know if i submit my tech articles to digit magazine and where?

Last edited:
Top Bottom