excel not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suhas M

Broken In
whenever i lauch excel, a message pops up asking me to install a plugin then it starts configuring office with frontepage and asks me to insert the office disk. what do i do? i dont have the office as it came preinstalled with my computer.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
what happens if you hit cancel here. Does exel start or it closes?
which specific file it asks for, from the install disk, like data1.msi.

OP
S

Suhas M

Broken In
i have office 2002 installed on my computer. and if i click cancel when the message appears, i can use excel normally. it does not ask me for any paritcular file but just for the installation disk.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
similar problem in my win os as i have installed access 2007 beta. I use open office but need access to open mdb files. After every login, whenever I start outlook 2003, access tries to reconfigure itself. Even doing it doesn't work. Cancelling doesn't do anything obvious, as access still works. Must be something to do with outlook and access configuring itself for each other. But doesn't seem to work.

SBRNAIK

Right off the assembly line
:p

MS Excel contains no. of default addins (Tools > Add Ins...) or you might have added a third party addin. If any of the checked addin is missing or deleted, then next time when is MS Excel launched it could not locate the addin file and gives an error message. To get rid of this, look for cheked addins in MS Excel and uncheck one by one till the error vanishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom