Everything Has Encountred An Eroor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cool.anurag93

Broken In
Hello Everyone :),

Recently my PC has been giving me a lot of trouble.It all began when i decided to upgrade my pc by getting a new 80 GB hard disk over my old 20 GB One and 1 GB of RAM.but now my pc would suudenly restart on its own and no matter what program i run from internet browsers to games to music players after working fine for a few minutes it would suddenly give an error that "it has encountred an error and needs to close" this sometimes happens with my antivirus software too.

I dont think it is a virus because i have tried scanning with norton internet security 2009,bit defender,malwarebytes anti malware.i have even formatted my pc thrice but the problem still persists.

I have 2 RAM in my pc (two 512 mb RAM , Maybe..).I Tried Running Memtest and it gave 7 errors.

Please Help Me !

Krow

Crowman
Memory problems it seems. You say you got new 1GB ram, but you say you hav 2 512 mb, which is it? 1x1GB or 2x512MB? If its 2x512MB, then take one stick out and run memtest. If it gives errors then it is faulty. Then boot with the othr stick on. If it gives errors, its faulty agn. If both are faulty, get them replaced if they are in warranty or else its time to shop for new RAM mate!

If its 1x1GB, then get your ram replaced. Memtest sould be able to run for weeks without one error.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well you answered ur ques urself...!!

Memtest is giving errors.

Try removing one RAM chip and running the PC with another to see if the same happens. Do the same with both the chips.

If its nt a RAM prblm may b SMPS is the kulprit.

Wats ur PSU wattage???

OP
C

cool.anurag93

Broken In
I'm Sorry Guys,
I Followed your advice and opened up the CPU but i was surprised to find only 1 RAM. i remeber the pc guy coming and changing the RAM when i told him about the error.so is the ram faulty??because the pc guy has changed it twice

:?:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom