Everyday laptop with good display and keyboard

WolVish

Broken In
Hi Guys,

I am in need of a desktop replacement Laptop. I have been reading reviews/forums, but I couldn't find a laptop within my requirements. Kindly help me out.

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
40K to 50K, can stretch a bit

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Web surfing/ Movies/ Office apps/ Casual Gaming (CS GO, Max Payne, NFS etc)

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
Core i5 coupled with mid range GPU like Nvidia 940M, Full HD Anti Glare Display

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: HP with Bang and Olufson
b. Dislike: Nothing in particular

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Build quality should be good (should last for 4 years at least);
Keyboard has to be good;
Purchase place probably Online (eg - flipkart, or Amazon)
Local / Abroad (Eyeing for HP Star Wars Laptop @ $659 from the US, but wondering how may I get it)

I am seeing more and more laptops with i5 and i7 coupled with entry level GPUs like R5 M330 and 820M/920M, I don't know why. I had HP AB029TX finalized, but build quality seems to be a problem in that.

Any input would be appreciated guys..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
HP Pavilion 15 ab031Tx M2W74PA M2W74PA Intel Core i5 - (4 GB DDR3/1 TB HDD/Windows 8.1/2 GB Graphics) Notebook Rs.47190 Price in India - Buy HP Pavilion 15 ab031Tx M2W74PA M2W74PA Intel Core i5 - (4 GB DDR3/1 TB HDD/Windows 8.1/2 GB Graphics) Notebook Blizzard White Horizontal Brushing Online - HP : Flipkart.com
& similar models to above.As for build quality i recommend checking out these/similar models in person at a showroom.Laptop build quality(external) is a subjective term as it depends on usage.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Asus A550JX XX142D Core I7 4720HQ 4GB 1TB 15 6" HD 4GB Nvidia 950M Graphics | eBay

(maybe) Con:
Seller warranty instead of manufacturer warranty.

OP
WolVish

WolVish

Broken In
Thank you for the replies. Are IPS displays better than Anti-glare? which one goes easy on the eyes. I spend around 8 hours in front of the laptop and I don't want to look at a bad display. Also the above two models have TN panels? I read that they are bad.

Top Bottom