Error: File cannot be deleted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Journeyman
I am getting the following (attched error_msg.jpg) error message.
How to delete the file?

Third Eye

gooby pls
144 said:
I am getting the following (attched error_msg.jpg) error message.
How to delete the file?

This is a AVG Antivirus service,wanna remove it then turn off the antivirus service.....

anandk

Distinguished Member
...or is it a .exe file. anyway avg is a legit program, y do u want to delete it if u r using avg av ? if its an .exe file, reboot and delete, else delete in safe mode, else use unlocker or deletedoctor as suggested above.

OP

Journeyman
This file , avg75free_430a848.exe (Setup file for AVG anti-virus Free Edition v.7.5.43), got corrupt during download. A new copy of the setup file was downloaded (to Desktop) and installed & AVG is working.
But this setup file refuses to be deleted. Why does a setup file have anything to do with any running services related to AVG or any?

OP

Journeyman
Here is what Unlocker showed (attch: unlocket_view.jpg)
Why does Explorer.exe service has anything to do with a desktop file (setup file)? Could this be Malware? Spyware?

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Since it is a corrupt download, Internet explorer or Windows might be using it. Reboot your PC. Then delete it.

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
Goto Task Manager and End Process "explorer.exe".

Now from Task Manager, File---> New Task and type "cmd".Hit enter.Traverse to the folder where the file is and delete it.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
kiran.rkk said:
Since it is a corrupt download, Internet explorer or Windows might be using it. Reboot your PC. Then delete it.

Most probably, that ^^ might be the problem.

why not clean Internet Explorer's temp/cache folder.

OP

Journeyman
All failed. except for DeletDoctor's 'Delete on next boot' option gave the solution. I did try 'Unlock All' from Unlocker. That didn't work either. I did have unlocket installed prior to this discussion also, thanks to this, I know about unlocker now ;)

nikhil ramteke

s,b+..u cn..
hey u r playing with avg antivirus,and when u starts the pc as it is installed it being used by ur system, so until and unless u uninstall or end that program u cant delete it.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom