Status
Not open for further replies.

mak1012

Journeyman
hi friends,
i reinstalled GRUB.. but when i try to boot it gives me an Error 15..i had used this process to install GRUB
Boot your computer with the Ubuntu CD

[QOUTE]Go through the installation process until you reach "[!!!] Disk Partition"

Select Manual Partition

Mount your appropriate linux partions:

/

/boot

swap

DO NOT FORMAT THEM.

Finish the manual partition

Say "Yes" when it asks you to save the changes

It will give you errors saying that "the system couldn't install ....." after that

Ignore them, keep select "continue" until you get back to the Ubuntu installation menu

Jump to "Install Grub ...."

Once it is finished, just restart your computer[/QOUTE]

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
ok, as i can see the kernel entry in grub is pointing to a hard disk partition which is not rite (for eg. the ubuntu kernel in grub has the entry hd0,6 whereas actually it mebbe in hd0,6. try to find out what is ur linux boot partition from booting into the live cd.

or you may try thru trial and error. goto the grub menu, highlight the ubuntu kernel and press "e" to edit. try wid different partitions.

OP
mak1012

mak1012

Journeyman
yes u r right its giving root (hd0,2) but its root (hd0,3)...now how can i change it and save the.... i pressed e in GRUB then i went root(hd0,2) and pressed e but now here how to change and save it?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
press the "e" button then delete the 2 and change it to 3 and then press "b" to boot wid the new settings. after you do that and boot into linux, jus edit /boot/grub/menu.lst and look for the line that says: #root (hd0,2) now change it to #root (hd0,3). save the file and thats it :)

OP
mak1012

mak1012

Journeyman
hey dude i think something is wrong there in my GRUB....after editing i presses b but its showing can't boot the partition...i tryed from 0-9 sometime it says no such partition and some time cant boot..
is there ne thing to do are i have to install GRUb again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom