EP-630 or EP-830?

Status
Not open for further replies.

utsav

damn busy...
That could be a possibility. I seriously wish I get another pair to test. If the bass is alright, I'd go ahead and get one. The MDR_EX35 looks good, but there's no way to know about its bass.
BTW, if the EP-630 are that prone to damage, is it really worth buying?

Am using the ep630 from the last 18 months very roughly and they r working perfectly fine. You get 1 year warranty too so y worry? And i guess you r not expecting it to work lifetime :D

The EP-630 is really gud..I bought myself a Dell Studio Laptop recently with which I got an EP-630. They r really wow.
Goo to hear that. I am going to try out another pair and see if the bass rocks.

Am using the ep630 from the last 18 months very roughly and they r working perfectly fine. You get 1 year warranty too so y worry? And i guess you r not expecting it to work lifetime :D

Of course not. I'd be happy if they last for 2 years,considering the rough conditions I tend to put them in :)

VD17

Journeyman
well, i wouldn't say that the EP's are very prone to damage... one of the most frequent way i use it is to put it on and then wear a helmet so that i can listen to music while riding... i think the first failure was cause because of the helmet... but the second one was simply of inferior build. But anyway, you're getting a warranty. So if its inferior build, you can replace it. Btw, if its portable music players then i suggest you have a look at ep-635 as well... same quality but the cable is more suited for outdoor use...

well, i wouldn't say that the EP's are very prone to damage... one of the most frequent way i use it is to put it on and then wear a helmet so that i can listen to music while riding... i think the first failure was cause because of the helmet... but the second one was simply of inferior build. But anyway, you're getting a warranty. So if its inferior build, you can replace it. Btw, if its portable music players then i suggest you have a look at ep-635 as well... same quality but the cable is more suited for outdoor use...

I see.. However I don tend to use it while riding a bike..I travel 100 kms a day by bus, so probably the only way I can expose it to damage is by crumpling the IEMs inside my pocket. Durability is indeed an important factor. I think IEMs are more durable than street-wear earphones. I had a Creative EP-240 and Sennheisser MX-460; in both, I lost the buds that cover the earphones and that resulted in loss of bass. Thats way I decided to go for an IEM. I ll give some serious thought to the EP-630,635 and Sony's MDR-EX35. I'd love it if someone could compare the bass of the EX35 with the Sony walkman earphones(the HPM-82 that comes with their mobile phones).

Last edited:

themadman

Hardcore Psycho !
ep630 is great I've been using them for a few months already. The only minus point is(well if you consider it a minus) that when you walk along the road with them on and a motorbike is honking you dont hear it. When I am in the underground metro I dont hear the metro at all. It can be a little dangerous thats all.

ep630 is great I've been using them for a few months already. The only minus point is(well if you consider it a minus) that when you walk along the road with them on and a motorbike is honking you dont hear it. When I am in the underground metro I dont hear the metro at all. It can be a little dangerous thats all.

Thats definitely not a minus for me! Any idea how much the Ep 630 costs?

Tamoghno

Padawan
Around 800+ shipping in most online store. And ep830 around 1100. Check out techenclave. There are some really nice earphone on sale .

Around 800+ shipping in most online store. And ep830 around 1100. Check out techenclave. There are some really nice earphone on sale .

Both'd fit in nicely with my budget. Yup I found several online traders at Techenclave. However, as I live in chennai, I'll make a trip to Richie street first;I can save the shipping charges. I still haven't decided between the ep-630/ep-830/mdr-ex35 though. I'll test out all 3 before making a purchase.Think I'll most probably go for the ep-830 though. I ll post again once I ve made my purchase.Thanks a lot guys for all your inputs,they have been invaluable! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom