Encryption problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelkars30

Right off the assembly line
Hello Sir,
I am serving in the Indian Army and a regular follower of your magzine especially the Tech Q & A.Thought that your tech experts could solve this MAJ problem related to encryption. Actually i had encrypted some of my very important documents in one of the folders, on my desktop. but unfortunately due to a corruption to the OS (Windows XP) I had to reload the OS.
NOW....:x after reloading the same OS, which was existing earlier, i am unable to open any file in that folder in MS Office 2007. It gives an error "_____ unable to open or save this document. Please ensure that you have access privilages to read or write the document and that it is not encrypted."
Please find some solution for this peculiar problem otherwise the only alternative left is loss of these documents.
:smile:Thanking you in anticipation,

yours truely
Maj Pushpak Kelkar

rajeshkannan

Broken In
Advanced EFS Data Recovery (AEFSDR) is a program to recover (decrypt) files encrypted on NTFS (EFS) partitions created in Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Vista (Business, Ultimate, Enterprise). Files are being decrypted even in a case when the system is not bootable and so you cannot log on, and/or some encryption keys have been tampered.

Besides, decryption is possible even when Windows is protected using SYSKEY. AEFSDR effectively (and instantly) decrypts the files protected under all versions of Windows Vista (Business, Ultimate, Enterprise), Windows Server 2003 (Standard and Enterprise), Windows XP (including Service Packs 1 and 2) and Windows 2000 (including Service Packs 1, 2, 3 and 4).
Microsoft EFS (Encrypting File System) allows users to store confidential information about a computer when people who have physical access to your computer could otherwise compromise that information, intentionally or unintentionally. EFS is especially useful for securing sensitive data on portable computers or on computers shared by several users. Encrypting sensitive files by means of EFS adds another layer of security.

With Advanced AEFS Data Recovery, protected files can decrypted even in a case when the system is not bootable and so you cannot log on, and/or some encryption keys (private or master) have been tampered. Besides, decryption is possible even when Windows is protected using SYSKEY. AEFSDR effectively (and instantly) decrypts the files protected under all versions of Windows XP (including Service Pack 1), Windows 2000 (including Service Packs 1, 2, 3 and 4) and Windows Vista (Business, Ultimate, Enterprise). The latest addition to ElcomSoft's family of password recovery software allows business managers to deal with lost and destroyed encryption keys, as well as with employees who, intentionally or unintentionally, are unable to access critital files that have been encrypted.

Finally, AEFSDR is also a state-of-the-art computer forensics tool that could be used by law enforcement, military and intelligence agencies to open secured files.

Advanced EFS Data Recovery 3.10 has the following new features:

* The program is full UNICODE compliant now.

* Multilingual user interface has been added.

* Added an ability to search (for encrypted files) the given folder only.

* 'Select encrypted' option has been added to 'File tree' tab.

* Personal keys encrypted with DES algorithms are now supported.

* 'EFS related files' representation is now more informative.

* New folder can be created on the disk where decrypted files are saved.

* Lots of another minor improvements and fixes.

Download:
CODE
*www.crackpassword.com/download/aefsdr.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom