Enabling DMA in Nero 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
My system configuration is AMD Athlon64 3000+ with mother board MSI-RS482M4-ILD..running Windows xp Pro SP2..with DVD writer from Sony...whenever i start nero 6 for writing somthing, after selection of the type of job in nero it displays the massage that DMA is not enabled, when i select to enable DMA now it says that the changes will be effective when i restart the system. But after restarting the system the same thing happens again. If I select not to enable the DMA now then everything works fine, but the system becomes too slow while writting. The BIOS setup says that DMA0 to DMA7 are available..Can anyone tell me how to enable DMA?

Last edited:

subhajitmaji

Broken In
Go to Device Manager, Identify the IDE Controller which corresponds to the DVD Writer. Uninstall it. Restart. The device will be automatically installed with DMA on.

To Identify the IDE Controller, just see the property of each one. Go to Advanced in the Property Dialog Box. See if DMA is on or it is set to PIO. If it is set to PIO uninstall the device. OR u can prefer manually setting it to DMA.

If the process helps, then add to my reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom