enabling BIOS user password

Status
Not open for further replies.

patel_op

Right off the assembly line
I want to enable BIOS USER PASS WORD (to creat password for preventing unauthorized computer uses) which is presently in disable mode(grey shaded) and hence not accessible for creating password while supervisor password is enabled(black shade) and hence accessible to a creat password . i have a hp cpu model a6010n, intel core 2 duo 4300 with windows vista home premium/media centre operating system and VIIV technology. under BIOS menu "security tab" is not provided, while above both types of password mode is provided under "Advance tab". i was using this feature in windows XP Professional and the advantage with this feature is : the computer doesn't start until appropriate password is fed.
My computer has Phoenix-Award BIOS CMOS setup utility.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
i want to enable BIOS USER PASS WORD which is presently in disable mode while supervisor password is enabled

For this you have to open up the Cabinet, and have to reset the BIOS by mean of iether using Jumpers or by removing the CMOS Battery for vew Seconds :)

in the motherboard look for this type of jumper...

*www.tomshw.it/guides/motherboard/20060227/images/cmos_jumper.jpg

or

*www.dansdata.com/images/io006/cmosclr250.jpg

as u see there three PINs, *** ... The jumpers is connected at 1st two of them.. so unplug that and then replu it with last two of the PINs... Power up the PC... it will clear the Super visor password... now after u reset the BIOS, Power off the PC... and then Replug the Jumper to its Original Position...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom