[Emergency] Purchasing Galaxy Nexus Phone Need Suggestions

Professor X

Broken In
I've got a deal, where I'm getting Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9150 unlocked GSM phone from ebay.in priced for 25k and I've personal coupon which can reduce the price 1.5k less, so overall I would get for 23.5k. If anybody has 3k less coupon and want to help me please!! PM me on my forum account.
In product info I can see it has 1 YEAR SERVE PRO WARRANTY and it is not a dealer's warranty for sure. Please tell me more about servo pro warranty services, any personal experience of them. I choose to buy Galaxy Nexus because it is a pure google phone. No hi-fi UI which create lags and it will get all future android updates first.
Please don't suggest phones of Sony, LG, htc like brands. Suggest me quick, as I need to purchase in less than 48 hours.

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Serve Pro looks like independent service agent and not from Samsung. i.e., you don't get any official warranty from Samsung. if anything goes wrong they will "REPAIR" and send it back to you. no RMA or DOA.. My suggestion don't go for that unless you are willing to take risk on warranty.

OP
Professor X

Professor X

Broken In
Serve Pro looks like independent service agent and not from Samsung. i.e., you don't get any official warranty from Samsung. if anything goes wrong they will "REPAIR" and send it back to you. no RMA or DOA.. My suggestion don't go for that unless you are willing to take risk on warranty.

There is not much risk of warranty, servo pro works for ebay.in I think they have some tie up. Yes, I know its not officially launched in India but servo pro is providing proper warranty and they confirmed they will give me both hardware and software warranty, I can solve software faults by my own but they said they will solve hardware problems if I faced any. Personally I know there is no issues comes in phones in a year, if there is a problem is in phone it can be detected at first time of use. And for death on arrival, mobileaccessories shop is reliable to change. They have almost cent percent feedback and over 10.8k sales record.

:bump:

Help guys help.

Can anybody tell me who is using galaxy nexus in this forum???

Last edited:

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I am using Galaxy Nexus, purchased from ebay.in from some dealer in Gujarat. He's got good reputation.

But I didn't think once about warranty and all because as RCuber said already it is not supported officially in India so that's the risk you have to take. I am using it happily for past three months BTW. If any issue comes (hardware related), I'll get in touch with some local dealer. I am sure someone would have some idea.

abhidev

Human Spambot
Recently on of my colleague ordered Nexus unlocked version from US for arnd 23k....but after around a month's use...it got bricked. Now he has sent the phone back to US for repair/replacement...its no problem for him as he'll be shifting to US...but for someone staying out of US...this may not be convenient.

So if you are willing to take the risk then go ahead...keep in mind that not all Nexus phones will brick. :)

OP
Professor X

Professor X

Broken In
I am using Galaxy Nexus, purchased from ebay.in from some dealer in Gujarat. He's got good reputation.

But I didn't think once about warranty and all because as RCuber said already it is not supported officially in India so that's the risk you have to take. I am using it happily for past three months BTW. If any issue comes (hardware related), I'll get in touch with some local dealer. I am sure someone would have some idea.

Yes! he has got good reputation. But he will not accept exchange if the phone comes out damaged or any hardware issue. He said you would have to go to servo pro warranty services in that case. By the way can you tell me of what country you got galaxy nexus by him? Is it yakju jp or jakju zs any idea?

Recently on of my colleague ordered Nexus unlocked version from US for arnd 23k....but after around a month's use...it got bricked. Now he has sent the phone back to US for repair/replacement...its no problem for him as he'll be shifting to US...but for someone staying out of US...this may not be convenient.

So if you are willing to take the risk then go ahead...keep in mind that not all Nexus phones will brick. :)

oh lord! you make me more confuse. Why the hell mobile companies only focusing in above 30k category. When will samsung launch galaxy s2 price replacement (below 30k) with jelly bean OS and HD screen, any idea of that?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@Professor X,sorry I thought I had replied to this thread. If you are ok with getting your phones serviced using that provider then go ahead.

OP
Professor X

Professor X

Broken In
@Professor X,sorry I thought I had replied to this thread. If you are ok with getting your phones serviced using that provider then go ahead.

OK this ebay dealer has sold hundreds of galaxy nexus from his e-shop but he is not confirming of what country I would get this device. I asked him about that but he said it can be of thailand, malaysia, or may other of country. He was not sure of that. What if the phone comes out unsealed or damaged, that is why I need opinions of galaxy nexus users.
And you have any idea about rooting with toolkit, so that mobile can get yakju version for getting direct updates from google not samsung?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
you are buying it in eBay. as far as payment is concerned you need to approve/inform ebay that the product is delivered only then the seller get the money. I had used eBay only once, so not much idea about it. but still you have the control on when the payment has to be released to the seller.

OP
Professor X

Professor X

Broken In
you are buying it in eBay. as far as payment is concerned you need to approve/inform ebay that the product is delivered only then the seller get the money. I had used eBay only once, so not much idea about it. but still you have the control on when the payment has to be released to the seller.

Thanks RCuber for your support. I'm getting it for 23k :)

Top Bottom