Embed fonts in powerpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

godsownman

Padawan
I have to present my powerpoint presentation tommorrow in front of 60 people.

Now since I dont want any blunders , I want to make sure that the FONTS that I have used do not betray me at the last moment

90% of the fonts used are Fancy and are not there in office 2002 version.

I have tried to package it but I am not burning a CD using the package option.I have created a folder on my desktop and now I shall copy it to the cd.Will it work. Here I selected the embed font option.

Also,

What will happen if I create a 'powerpoint show' , will the fonts be embedded.

Please Help me as this is urgent as I have to present it tommorrow

Thanks

sakumar79

Technomancer
Taken from *www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00076.htm

It is possible to embed fonts in your PowerPoint presentations.

PowerPoint 97
Choose File, Save As
In the Save As dialog box, check the "Embed TrueType" box under the Save and Cancel buttons
Click OK and continue saving normally

PowerPoint 2000
Choose File, Save As
In the Save As dialog box, click Tools then click Embed TrueType Fonts

PowerPoint 2002, 2003
Choose File, Save As
In the Save As dialog box, click Tools then Save Options
In the Save Options dialog box, put a checkmark next to "Embed TrueType fonts"
Click "Embed characters in use only" if you want smaller PPT files but don't need to let others edit the files if they don't have the embedded fonts or ...
Click "Embed all characters" if others will need to edit the presentation using the embedded fonts. This will produce larger PPT files; if you embed unicode or doublebyte fonts, the files will be MUCH larger.

But there are GOTCHAS
Mac versions of PowerPoint can't embed fonts or use fonts that have been embedded in a PC-made PowerPoint file.

Only TrueType fonts can be embedded. TrueType fonts will show up in your Windows Fonts folder with a little blue "TT" icon and there's a TT icon next to them in PowerPoint's font menus. There may be an "OT" icon in later Windows/PowerPoint versions. PostScript/Type1 fonts usually appear with a printer icon in PowerPoint; they can't be embedded.

Not all TrueType fonts can be embedded. There are four "levels" of embedding, and every TT font is assigned one either by its maker or by other software that's modified it along the way. Many fonts, especially those that have been converted from some other format like Type1, are tagged "No Embedding Allowed."

If you attempt to embed one of these fonts, PowerPoint gives you an error message saying that the font could not be saved with your presentation because of a license restriction. (Read rest from provided url)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom