• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

Electric shock thru USB ports in desktop cabinet ?!?

Jakejaves

Right off the assembly line
I just bought a new
computer....i get electrocuted
a bit when I touch or connect
a steel pendrive...i thought it
might be hardware
issues....but When I turned on
the computer thru the
UPS ..there was no shock or
leAkage of electricity..okay
now the question is is this
due to improper earthing or
my computers fault ? plz help
its my brand new pc!
 

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Earthing problem.
220V is coming through the earthing/ground post which should be 0V.
Contact your electrician ASAP to prevent much more devastating accident in you house.
 

Jix

Right off the assembly line
Its simply because of improper Earthing .

If your spike guard has Earthing indicator you can simply see that there is no earthing.

Just connect your device to a three pin socket where there is proper earthing and you will have your problem solved.
 
OP
J

Jakejaves

Right off the assembly line
Its simply because of improper Earthing .

If your spike guard has Earthing indicator you can simply see that there is no earthing.

Just connect your device to a three pin socket where there is proper earthing and you will have your problem solved.

Thank you all for confirming it... The electrician is on his way...
 

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
I have lived in 3 houses & all had this issue with my computer & no electrician found any earthing issue, present house I asked a through check but electrician team reports all normal but usb shocks even now if I am bare foot otherwise not.

Their checking method is to put on end of multimeter in earth & another in positive the meter does not show any current.
Is this the right method?
 

aloodum

Journeyman
Do you use one of those multi port circuit boards/surge guard board? If yes do observe the internal /take it to an electrician and verify if the earthing cable is still intact and in contact with all the ground pins on the board.

Cheers!
 

frankeric

Journeyman
I just bought a new
computer....i get electrocuted
a bit when I touch or connect
a steel pendrive...i thought it
might be hardware
issues....but When I turned on
the computer thru the
UPS ..there was no shock or
leAkage of electricity..okay
now the question is is this
due to improper earthing or
my computers fault ? plz help
its my brand new pc!

Hi this prob also caused if some component is earthing inside you pc atleast for once check you pc.
 
Top Bottom