Efficient long term build: RED

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I just upgraded to this new PC from my 1 year old PC with an AMD APU. Before that I had a Core 2 Duo for 5 years. It is highly likely that I won't be buying a PC now any time in the future and will move to laptops for everything. Also, marriage is near so buying stuff of my own choice after that gets tough.

I nicknamed it RED due to the color of LED. Although it has blue colored motherboard heat sinks. :p

View attachment 11818
View attachment 11819
View attachment 11820
View attachment 11821

You can see all pictures including those of my other components on my Skydrive Album

New purchase:

AMD FX-6300
Cooler Master Hyper 212X
Asus M5A97 R2.0
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 1GB/OC
Cooler Master HAF 912 Combat
Corsair CX500 v3 80+ Bronze

Reused from old build:

Crucial Ballistix 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866
A-Data XPG SX900 64GB 2.5" SSD
Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB
Samsung P2370MS Monitor
Microsoft wireless laser desktop 6000.

Total cost: ₹37.5k approx for new components.

I purchased the SSD and RAM last year from Amazon black Friday deals so got a huge discount on them. That WD Cavier has been with me for more then 3 years now. It is SATA 3 GB/s but still enough for storage needs. I install 1or 2 games on the SSD when playing and plan to upgrade SSD to a 128 GB model this year in Black Friday.

I got it today only. Right now trying to check stability and temperatures. I have done an automatic overclock to 3.8 Ghz using Asus AI suite which also reduced the clock speed, voltage etc when I am doing lightweight work like writing this blog post. It has enough speed for everything right now that I don't see a point in overclocking, at least at this time.

I like silent PCs hence all the fans are motherboard controlled PWM fans. My ceiling fan, kids playing outside, cars are on the road etc make more noise then this PC. I plan to set it and forget it. I will open the PC once a month to blow away the dust and thats it as I prefer to make efficient PCs.

Last edited:
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
So I just added an Asus Xonar DG and Audio Technica AD500 headphone for Dolby headphone based gaming. The album is updated with new pictures.

Top Bottom