effect of american culture on indians..

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
@ confused: i was talking in context to his debate

@karnivore: true but well wen it comes to debates, facts are meant to be twisted to suit our needs :)

@threeonethree: i would suggest you also get in touch with mediator, he will give you some really helpful points to discuss, he is a very pro-indian person with morales, so whatever he says are the possible things that will be said by your opponent, think on them and prepare ;)

manishjha18

In the zone
hey i think population is much more in india because of lack of electricity-
see you dont get any stuff to do after evening-u cant go out and have fun-so have sex-
only government should be blamed-
i think this applies more to villages-i am from bihar and the place where my home is life as if ceases after 7 pm.no electricity,no tv,no internet,no games,no pub--nothing at all.
so poor countries have more population-
but then this is how i feel and so u cant blame a state

karmanya

Journeyman
^^Wow, thats the stupidest thing i've read today.(keep in mind its almost 5 am and i just woke up)
@three- I would suggest you try to keep calm, keep your points concise and speak them calmly. If your opponent gets aggressive, stay calm and answer politely, though sarcasm *SUBTLY* used can get a smile or two. be careful, because too much sarcasm makes you come across as arrogant. Don't ever cut him off even if he starts same the lame **** over and over again. If he comes up with a killer point act like a defense lawyer with a client on death row- attack the nitty gritties, make the point sound stupid. stick to a few base points, listen to what your opponent says-- unfortunately you would be speaking first, so you don't really have the option to sit and counter all of your opponents points.
Just freak them out and make a great first impression on the judges, they'll score you high for that especially if you're the third or second speaker of the day (which is ideal btw)

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
hey i think population is much more in india because of lack of electricity-
see you dont get any stuff to do after evening-u cant go out and have fun-so have sex-
only government should be blamed-
i think this applies more to villages-i am from bihar and the place where my home is life as if ceases after 7 pm.no electricity,no tv,no internet,no games,no pub--nothing at all.
so poor countries have more population-
but then this is how i feel and so u cant blame a state
i dont know why ur saying its because of "lack of electricity".

i am of the opinion that it is due the river ganga, and the extremely abundant water supply it provides.......
(eg, look at bangladesh, another place, with infact two rivers flowing though their land, and look at their unbelievablely high pop density)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
hmm. I would say "It's not the american culture that we are now in, it's the american habits and way of life that is changed".

We still think like Indians, act like Indians, eat like Indians. But we only dress like Americans and we only use their stuff (which actually is Japanese/Chinese that gets into America).

The core of American culture will never ever hit Indians coz we love to be like the way we are.

karnivore

in your face..
@karnivore: true but well wen it comes to debates, facts are meant to be twisted to suit our needs :)

@threeonethree: i would suggest you also get in touch with mediator, ...

+1 :smile:

iMav's idea is brilliant. :D If you really want a net practice before your debate, @mediator is the way to go. Just start a thread in the Fight Club, titled, "American culture rox, our culture sux". You will find @mediator beating the crap right out of you. But more he beats the crap, more you win.:cool:

However i would suggest the following:

1. Use sarcasm in a humorous way not as ad hominem attack. :(

2. Try to separate points that are not relevant to the topic. Anytime you see your opponent is using points that are not relevant to the topic, do not try to rebut. Simply reject the points. Since this is a culture debate, invariably your opponent will bring in economic and social issues. Just reject those points. But mind you, when in tight corner, you may have to resort to making irrelevant points as well :)

3. Try to back up your points with facts and statistics. Internet is your best friend. Google around. :cool:

4. Leave room for escape. Instead of committing to all your points, leave some gray area, so that when you are bombarded, you can say, "Hey, i didn't imply only that, i also meant this" :D

Anyway, best of luck and give iMav's idea a thought. It will be like a match practice before the original match.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Q: What is the example of effect of American Culture on indians?
A: My Ex-GF used to go for her swimming classes in a full body 1 piece suit. Now she goes in 2 piece bikinis :D

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
gx_saurav's willpower is directly proportional to the amount of clothes his ex-gf wears.

Ontopic, I agree that my ideas were rather cliche, after I read them once now :) I think its best to pm mediator to participate in the discussion. If anyone can argue for or against any topic, its him. :)

praka123

left this forum longback
effect of american culture-it is everywhere in the world from Mongolia to the hating islamists in palestine or saudi or iraq. :-|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom