Not open for further replies.
OP
Cyrus_the_virus

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
without win฿⅃ow$ ,I think this is a good deal. :|

+1
without windows its a good deal, i guess

Both versions will be priced the same because a lower hardrive capacity+xp = higher hardrive capacity + linux. Both will be priced at the same price and with atom failing to impress and an additional .5Kg and a much higher price tag, I think it's lost it's meaning of ultra low cost ultra portable.

Pat

Beyond Smart
I need a confirmation does all Eee PC comes with hard disk? I saw in specs where it listed some 2/4 GB solid state device and no information on HDD size? is it an addon or what?

No..All old models like EEE 701,900,901 come with solid state drives(flash memory). I am sure EEE 1000 has a normal hard drive.

dont get angry
I am CEO member of ASUS and have good rapo with ASUS peoples.I m in touch with them daily.
I u want the info contact giriraj_karkera@asus.com
tell him Vijay(thats me) gave this id to you.

the news u got is not correct :!:
see my other thread in TE and E also .
Its really sad to see that Good old memeber in Thinkdigit like you are saying this
Regarding BAn n all you dont need nor u have right to speak such things :!:

Saurab bhai plz look into this matter if possible

Dude, mods are here to control what happens here, you don't need to tell them what to do. If you have a problem controlling your emotions and language, then you could be banned more than deleting this thread.:!:

And about the news, it's exactly what the news is, so, if you have a problem with the news, it's your problem, not mine nor my fault.:rolleyes:

Sourabh

Laptoping
Woah, I missed this discussion earlier.

Well, now that the new Eee PC lineup for India has also been revealed, I must admit that I was a bit surprised when ASUS opted for Windows XP entirely. Both the Eee PC 1000H (MRP Rs. 29,990) & 904HD (MRP Rs. 26,990) come with pre-loaded Windows. Plus, these are the models with regular 80GB spinning SATA hard drives instead of SSDs. So, the new Eee PCs in India are more like a premium netbook than a cheap small laptop which the original version was. This scenario is not particular to India - the 1000H at launch was $600 in the U.S. too (decently spec'd regular laptops are also priced in the same range in the U.S.). So, it was never really a budget laptop just marketed that way.

Earlier this month, ASUS started offering $100 mail-in rebate on new Eee PCs sold which may suggest that pricing would get lowered in India too (of course you'd have to wait for a while longer). I'd personally like these particular models to be in the range of 19-23k. Not wishful thinking, could very well be possible as these are approx. end user price after rebate in the U.S.

For what it's worth, the older 7-inch model with Linux is still available in India easily for 16,000 (street price).

As for Windows or Linux debate on Eee PC. I don't mind it much due to their similar pricing. It takes a genius to come up with such an idea - Windows XP 12GB SSD or Linux with 20GB SSD (on 900-series). Everyone gets to be happy :)

shashank4u

Youngling
Well personally i liked the Asus eee 1000H and i am about to buy one but the problem is that they not available in Delhi for now... it will take another week for it to become available according to nehru place dealers.

If however anyone knows any place in Delhi where it is available plz let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom