Edit swf file possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techmastro

Journeyman
Guys i was working with flash content for website but unfortunately i lost the defination files & now i need to edit those flash content, i m left with .swf files.
Is it possible to edit them somwhow & if yes can u name me the software for the purpose

Tech Geek

Wise Old Owl
You will have to convert .swf to .fla first.
Then you will be able to edit them in flash.
I don't think there are any free tools for this.

Payed software i know is Sothink swf decompiler

S

SE><IE

I need something simlar. I don't need the scripting etc. Just the vector "images"
:D

hash!!

________
import the swf into flash... you'l get a frame-by-frame import of the contents of the swf... ie, you'l get an all keyframe breakup of the swf...
basically, you'l get all thats in that swf file, but you'l hvta break it up and find what you wanted from it... :)

and @ techmastro, dude, i dun think its possible to get the original fla... wont help importing it as well... i've worked a bit on flash... a lil more than basics, so i guess i know what im talkin about... tho i've heard from some random people that there is some s/w that'l help convert the swf into the original fla... but i dun think thats possible... its like exporting a jpg frm photoshop and wishin u could get back all the layers and the psd format like the original psd file... not happening i pretty much think...

S

sariq

^ i agree. AFAIK frame by frame import is possible, if import feature is not disabled during making flash files. and getting flash code back from swf seems imposible (but everything is possible, as impossible says - i m possible)

@se><ie : flash has that feature you can convert bitmap images to vector images in flash.

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
Try Flash Digger. You can save sound, images and vector shapes from flash files.
@Techmastro, what s/w you used to create these flash files?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom